Sookie Stackhouse

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
reluctantreader
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Sookie Stackhouse

Post by reluctantreader »

I say it all depends on how you like your vampires. I thought they were a good series with the right edge of danger to them.
MelMariah
Currently Reading: A Head Full of Ghosts
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by MelMariah »

I'm just about to buy the first book in this series and i'm hoping I enjoy it.
I'm almost obsessed with the True Blood television series and i'm a book person!
They're just so thought through and well done.
cmw83
Favorite Author: Anne Bishop
Favorite Book: Game of Thrones
Currently Reading: Rush by Maya Banks
fav_author_id: 6086

Post by cmw83 »

to melmariah: I hope you enjoy the book series I'm on the deadlocked which is book 11 or 12. Just keep in mind that true blood and the book series is completely different. I can tell you this that you won't be disappointed. In fact, it was the previews to the show which got me interested in the books. I hope you enjoy and let us all know what you think.
mkaynutty
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mkaynutty.html

Post by mkaynutty »

I think the series is great. I haven't really been keeping up with the newer ones because I think the story has deviated too much for me. But the first 5 or 6 books were thoroughly entertaining.
Springer Mom
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-springer-mom.html

Post by Springer Mom »

I really enjoyed the Skokie Stackhouse novels, but have been disappointed with the last few. The storyline is dragging, and no progress is being made. For the price of the last few books, that is a big disappointment.
rockin_robyn

Post by rockin_robyn »

I thought the books were very fun easy and fairly quick reads. Charlaine Harris also has a book series aurora Teagarden which was also fun to read especially if your into murder mysteries.

-- 29 Apr 2013, 22:47 --

[quote="chicklit"]I haven't read the book series yet, but I have watched the HBO series True Blood, which is awesome. I do have a friend that highly recommended the book series. She says its really good. I'm hooked on the TV series, so I'm not sure if I'm ready to read the book (as I don't want to run across any spoilers).[/q

I love the books and the show but they are completely different! If you read the books it will not spoil anything.. :D
ddaigle1875

Post by ddaigle1875 »

I have read the series 4 times. The first couple of books were awesome. Towards the end I felt as though Charlene got burnt out on the series and the last few books were nothing but fluff! I have not got the newest one yet but i am hoping so put a little more zest in it.
jackiesilerbell
Favorite Book: not possible to choose
Currently Reading: Playing with Boys Chronicles of Narnia

Post by jackiesilerbell »

i love the Sookie Stackhouse series. I think it is better than the series, but I like both of them.
Heather_Tompkins

Post by Heather_Tompkins »

I have read all of the books except the last two. I'm still debating whether I want to read those two.I was so enthralled with the series in the beginning. I couldn't get myself to put them down. I felt that they eventually got redundant and drawn out. The books are nothing like the television series. I found that kind of disappointing. You get so wrapped up into the characters in the books and they are falsely interpreted on television. I love the show but it's almost like a whole different story. So if you are wanting to read these books based on your opinion on the show you may be a little confused. Overall I recommend the books if you are looking for a good read.
cort231
In It Together VIP
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cort231.html

Post by cort231 »

I really was enjoying the series at the beginning, but the last few have just not been that good. And, the last one, just meh. I wanted a huge, amazing, knock my socks off kind of ending and after the last page I just felt, meh. I hear now there is going to be some kind of final book with stories that answer our questions about what happened after the last page.
giraffelover66
Favorite Author: Too many to name
Currently Reading: Molly Harper series
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-giraffelover66.html
Latest Review: "3" by Nocomus Columbus

Post by giraffelover66 »

I am a big fan of the Sookie Stackhouse series.. I found the characters to be well developed, and I could really relate to them. I don't care for the fact that most people think the HBO series sticks to the books. I only found that Season one of the HBO series was related to the book. The Mary-Anne series was a little crazy, since she was only a blip in the books.

For this genre, these are a good easy read. However, if you're looking for something that has more a more explicit theme as depicted in the HBO series, I think you will be set up for a let down.
Latest Review: "3" by Nocomus Columbus
kdeering75
Currently Reading: That Certain Summer
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdeering75.html

Post by kdeering75 »

I've read everyone except the most recent one. I love Sookie and it's so hard to compare the HBO Series because in the beginning it was easy to compare seasons with the book but now the show has gone into a different direction that you have to enjoy the books as they are.
Casey_Harvell
Favorite Author: Amanda Hocking
Favorite Book: No way am I picking just one
Currently Reading: As many as I can
fav_author_id: 4059

Post by Casey_Harvell »

I own and have read them all. Love them. Also love the show, but it stopped following the books around season 2 and thwre are some differences in the characters between the two.
Sandy4th

Post by Sandy4th »

I tried the first book in the series, and just couldn't 't get into it. But my adult daughter LOVES the entire series as well as other books by this author. I think I should give this author another try, any specific titles you'd recommend?
njgomez
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-njgomez.html

Post by njgomez »

I actually read the first book and fell in love so then the show came out, so I began watching it instead of reading. But idk. Do people think the books are really different than the show?? Should I put the books back on my reading list????

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”