Sookie Stackhouse

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
GamecockMom
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Sookie Stackhouse

Post by GamecockMom »

Krystie wrote: As for the last book, the author must was crazy to make sookie end up with the man she did.
I completely agree! I couldn't believe it! I never saw more than friendship between those two in the books or the tv show so it was totally unbelievable to me!!
heatherprzybyla
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heatherprzybyla.html

Post by heatherprzybyla »

Love the books! Though they always seems too short... or I read them too quickly. Then I have to wait and wait for the next ! Ahg! :lol:
Krystie

Post by Krystie »

GamecockMom wrote:
Krystie wrote: As for the last book, the author must was crazy to make sookie end up with the man she did.
I completely agree! I couldn't believe it! I never saw more than friendship between those two in the books or the tv show so it was totally unbelievable to me!!
No wonder why the fans were threatening her lol. I heard they were telling her they will burn her house and stuff.
I think an author should take his/her readers opinion into account.
hnkeith

Post by hnkeith »

I think if your interested go ahead and give it a go, i have read/watched both the books and the show i enjoyed both. :)
melakkari
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading: Biting Bad by Chloe Neill
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melakkari.html
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by melakkari »

I liked the first book, but after that the story went a little too crazy for me. I didn't enjoy Sookie's relationships. I think she was more "all over the place" than she is in the TV series. I love way True Blood more, it's actually a painful addiction. Try the series to see what your opinion is of the books. A lot of people really love the books so they are obviously good.
AVanderoef
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avanderoef.html

Post by AVanderoef »

I read most of the books before the series came to HBO. The books were much better then, I didn't have the wrong visual of the characters at that point. The book is much more detailed of course and by season/ book 3 they are so different I am surprised that Charlene Harris still gets the author's nod from HBO.

For most of my experience of the 2 stories (because they really are 2 different stories at this point) I enjoyed the book's plots better than the show. Now that the 13th book has been out, I am really over both. The books have taken on an almost cheesy romance feel and the show is ridiculously short in the seasons and long in the wait.

Both the show and the books used to be a passion of mine, now they are beginning to annoy me. I think there is never going to be an ending. I guess if you can make money off of it than why stop?
Megan Young
Favorite Author: VC Andrews
Favorite Book: My Sweet Audrina
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-megan-young.html

Post by Megan Young »

I read the Sookie Stackhouse series and didn't enjoy it at all, I thought the writing was terrible. To me, this is a rare occasion where the show is better than the books.
Neleh403
Favorite Author: Diane Chamberlain
Favorite Book: The stand by Stephen King
Currently Reading: Of mice and men
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neleh403.html
Latest Review: "Plymouth Discovery" by Bill Brown
fav_author_id: 2413

Post by Neleh403 »

I have read all the books in the series and have to say the first 5 where great, however after that they became very predictable.
Latest Review: "Plymouth Discovery" by Bill Brown
Enigma
Favorite Author: S.E.Hinton
Favorite Book: The Outsiders
Currently Reading: Breathless by Scott Prussing
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-enigma.html
Latest Review: "Broken, 180 Days in the Wilderness of an Urban Middle School" by Ann C. Averill

Post by Enigma »

I'm a huge fan of the show and I have the collection of books, but have never read them. I think I'll wait until TB has finished then I'll start the books .
If I didn't write, I'd never sleep.

Up the Irons!!!
Latest Review: "Broken, 180 Days in the Wilderness of an Urban Middle School" by Ann C. Averill
winsuan

Post by winsuan »

Would just like to add that I have read the entire sookie stackhouse series, and as an honest review of ALL the books, the first half of the series were quite amazing. However, the last few books have not been as exciting and felt the author was just drawing out the series solely for the sake of adding more books to the series.
sami0527
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sami0527.html

Post by sami0527 »

I have read all of the Sookie Stackhouse books and I can say that I was not disappointed (until the final book). I was hesitant about reading them too, it was already the 2nd season of the show when I started and I wasn't sure if I wanted to read another series with a lot of hype. But it was definately worth the read.

And it is true the the book series is extremely different from the HBO series. So don't use that as your basis wether or not you are going to read the books.
eleanor_pugh

Post by eleanor_pugh »

The Sookie books are just great, so much fun! I am in the middle of rereading them for the third time, and am loving every page. I recently went to a talk and book signing hosted by Charlaine Harris, she is the nicest lady and just made me love her books even more.
Mina
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mina.html

Post by Mina »

The books are wonderful and the TV show is nothing in comparison. An addictive read that I would certainly recommend.
Age777
Favorite Author: So many to choose...
Favorite Book: As if I could pick just one
Currently Reading: Sammi by W.D. County
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-age777.html
Latest Review: "Sammi" by W.D. County

Post by Age777 »

I haven't got around to reading the latest books in the series but I read most of them and I enjoyed them. Honestly they are better than the show True Blood but if you put Eric, from the show, in your mind as Eric in the book...pant.
When you're wrong, your really wrong. When you're right, you're a pain in my a$$.
- by Me said originally to my hubby
Latest Review: "Sammi" by W.D. County
dea0045
Favorite Author: Austen or Dickens
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dea0045.html

Post by dea0045 »

It is a really good series. Of course some books are more entertaining than others. Maybe cause it was the last one and it's hard to wrap up a series but I was a little disappointed with the last book. I was happy to see that she brought back Quinn though!!!!

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”