Official Review: Lost Without HIm by Talisa Shannon

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
TemiA
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temia.html
Latest Review: "Lost Without HIm" by Talisa Shannon

Official Review: Lost Without HIm by Talisa Shannon

Post by TemiA »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Lost Without HIm" by Talisa Shannon.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Lost without Him by Talisa Shannon is a Christian fiction book. The book is about two best friends who found love after depending on God. One of them faced a series of challenges including death of a loved one, family neglect, a sting of poverty and depression. All through the way however, she had a friend who chose to stick by her.

These two friends stuck with each other through whatever challenges life threw at them. When one of them began to sink into depression, her best friend came to the rescue, and together they were able to overcome and even forge ahead to become highly successful in their different areas of life. The one who sank into depression also took time to be a good friend to other family members and close friends around her.

I like the book for several reasons. Firstly, the story line was very interesting. Each scene of the book worked perfectly with my imagination as I was able to visualise every single scene. Secondly, I like that the book ended on a positive and bright note, and without leaving anything to my imagination or to think about later. On the flip side however, I would recommend that the book goes through another stage of proof-reading as there are too many occurrences of grammatical errors, although this did not interfere with my understanding of the story. One thing I did not like about the book was that some portions of the story was easy to predict, and there were also portions of it I thought could have taken a different twist.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars as I was never bored reading it, I actually looked forward to reading it each day and sometimes thought about it in the middle of other activities.

I would recommend this book to those struggling with finding love and trusting God as well as those who might be going through depression mostly due to the death of a loved one or as a result of a lost or broken relationship. I will also recommend it to young adults who need a tip or two on dating/relationships. This book will appeal the most to people who love reading spiritual especially Christian books as well non-Christians who do not mind reading a book that has a ‘mushy-mushy’ love and romantic feel. The book may not appeal to non-religions people or religious people who do not like to have portions of the Bible in the book they read.

Lost Without HIm
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like TemiA's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "Lost Without HIm" by Talisa Shannon

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”