The Marble Collector by Cecelia Ahern

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sarah_Khan
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 3700">Gone With the Wind</a>
Currently Reading: Circe
Bookshelf Size: 336
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-khan.html
Latest Review: The Formidable King by Alyssa J. Montgomery

The Marble Collector by Cecelia Ahern

Post by Sarah_Khan »

The Marble Collector is a novel about a woman named Sabrina whose father has a stroke and loses most of his memories. When one day she receives boxes of marbles that supposedly belonged to her father, she realizes her father has a whole other side to him that she never knew. So she decides to try to find out who her father really was.
I really wanted to love this book. I've read all of Cecelia Ahern's other books and I liked all of them but The Marble Collector was such a big disappointment.
The story was just okay, there was nothing very interesting about it and it's hard to relate to the characters, the writing isn't very emotional although I think the author tried to make it emotional.
The synopsis of the book is not very honest. In the synopsis, the author says that Sabrina must find out the truth about her father and she only has one day but in reality, there is no reason why she has to find everything out in just one day. I think they only added that part to sell the story and make it seem more exciting.
To sum it all up, this book was an easy read with a few good parts but overall it was dull.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”