Official Review: The Band 4 The Air We Breathe

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jories4
Currently Reading: The Divine Comedy
Bookshelf Size: 48

Re: Official Review: The Band 4 The Air We Breathe

Post by Jories4 »

Im going to have to pass on this one since im no much into romance novels, you mentioned that the novel lacks plot and personality wich are the aspects that i care the most on the books i read. Thank you for your thorough review anyway.
-Dan
Esies98
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-esies98.html

Post by Esies98 »

Thank you for your review, I dont like this kind of romance stories, i can see why you gave this book 2 out of 4 stars, by the way you described it i can see it doesnt appeal to me in any way specially being a 300 page book.
Kourtney Bradley
Favorite Book: Bridges of Madison County
Currently Reading: Layla
Bookshelf Size: 412
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kourtney-bradley.html
Latest Review: Dante's Demons by K.L. Barstow
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Kourtney Bradley »

Thank you for sharing your lovely review, as always.
I usually find that my biggest issue when reading is if the characters are not personality developed, I can't relate.
Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light. :techie-studyingbrown:
–Vera Nazarian
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

The premise sounds intriguing. Too bad the book is lacking in plot and personality. The book isn't my cup of tea, but it sounds like a book with a potential. Thank you for the review!
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
ejourney2
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by ejourney2 »

Well-considered opinion. Really helps with making decisions. I read nearly all kinds so long as a book has heart and heft. This sounds a bit too anemic for my taste.
Kdonegan91
Favorite Author: Wanda E. Brunstetter
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 202">Never Cry Again</a>
Currently Reading: Ironbark Hill
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdonegan91.html
Latest Review: "A Matter of Faith" by Duke Woodrick
Reading Device: 1400699169
fav_author_id: 19883

Post by Kdonegan91 »

Such a well-written and thorough review! Lack of character development can completely ruin a book. Thank you for such an honest review.
When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change. - Wayne Dyer
Latest Review: "A Matter of Faith" by Duke Woodrick
Elvis2075
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Elvis2075 »

This was a very honest review
Strangerthanfiction
Currently Reading: Night Seeker
Bookshelf Size: 304
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-strangerthanfiction.html

Post by Strangerthanfiction »

Thank you for your frank review. As a reviewer I understand how challenging it can sometimes be. As a reader I appreciate the honesty because who wants to spend money on a book that is seriously lacking. It sounds like this book could have stopped after chapter eight. I know that this is not the book for me. I have a big problem with no character development and weak heroines. Thanks for sharing.
“You know you’ve read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend.” – Paul Sweeney
CrescentMoon
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crescentmoon.html
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey

Post by CrescentMoon »

Thanks for the honest thorough review. This really sounds like a love at first sight type of story which I am usually not a fan of. Great review!
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey
Susan5669
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-susan5669.html

Post by Susan5669 »

I was hooked by page 4! :D
L_Therese
Currently Reading: American Psycho
Bookshelf Size: 1970
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-l-therese.html
Latest Review: The Middle Ages by Jane Chance

Post by L_Therese »

Your review tells me exactly what kind of book I can expect when I sample this one, and that's exactly what I needed it to do. Thanks! I'm left with just one question: why the decaf coffee at the meet-cute?
josefina1110
Currently Reading: Justice
Bookshelf Size: 38
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of The Voice of Creation

Post by josefina1110 »

Thanks for the honest review. It sounds like a dry romance. But I will find that out later.
Janetleighgreen
Favorite Author: Janet Leigh Green
Currently Reading: Before She Disappeared
Bookshelf Size: 204
fav_author_id: 42198

Post by Janetleighgreen »

Thanks for the review. When I first read the sample, I thought I might like it; but then I thought no. Your review just went along with my first impression. I like romance novels too, it's a shame; I do know how hard it is to get everything right. I don't know if this is a first book for the author; I'm sure having growing pains myself, so I can understand the struggle.
Annelore Trujillo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 170
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annelore-trujillo.html
Latest Review: The Siberians by Simon J. Carey

Post by Annelore Trujillo »

Your review of this was so honest! I do like romance, but I need character development and I need the plot to propel me through the book. I'm not sure if this is the one for me either.
Rachaelamb1
Favorite Author: CS Lewis
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... onwitch</a>
Currently Reading: Falling Star
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rachaelamb1.html
Latest Review: "Dragon Born" by Ela Lourenco

Post by Rachaelamb1 »

It sounds like a book where I'd like to read the beginning, but since there's no real conflict happening, I would never be able to finish the book!

On another note, I like that the author keeps the romance clean. That is the only kind of romance I will read, but since there are so few clean romances I usually don't read this genre at all.
Latest Review: "Dragon Born" by Ela Lourenco

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”