Water for Elephants

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
qzect
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-qzect.html

Water for Elephants

Post by qzect »

This book really fascinated me. From the get-go, you really connect with the main character and feel like you understand where he is coming from. As you get to know him more and learn about the experiences he had in the circus, you feel like he's a man you've known your entire life. His stories are heart-felt and very highly emotionally charged. Usually I would think a story like this was cheesy -- especially toward the end -- but the author did such an amazing job of making you feel integrated into the story, like you were there with the main characters throughout the novel. It was very well written and had great imagery. In fact, reading this story was a life-changing experience for me. It made me think about the complexities of aging and the passing of time as well as the dark realities of the entertainment business and the corruption that can happen in the most unseemly places. This book is definitely high on my recommendation list.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Duplicate topic

Water for Elephants
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”