Maximum Ride by James Patterson

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Erick1106
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Erick1106 »

I'm a huge Patterson fan, but I must say, the maximum ride series was a bit..... childish i guess. But that could be because I personally do not like fantasy books.
Montetre'

Post by Montetre' »

Not the biggest fan of this one.
andr70

Post by andr70 »

Erick1106 wrote:I'm a huge Patterson fan, but I must say, the maximum ride series was a bit..... childish i guess. But that could be because I personally do not like fantasy books.
I also look at this book as something oversimplified. :?
sweetharleygirl

Post by sweetharleygirl »

These books were written for pre teen and young adults, of course they're going to be a bit simple. I loved these books, they stretch the imagination, they're funny, exciting and energetic. I haven't read any of Patterson's adult books so maybe this is why I find these so good, plus I love fantasy and read a lot of YA books since I'm the youth librarian at our public library. I have a daughter who is not much of a reader, she'd rather be DOING something that reading something, and I turned her onto these books and she loves them. They read quickly, the chapters are only a couple pages long, the text is big and separated, I strongly suggest anyone with a child who doesn't like reading much to show them these books.
Joe.

Post by Joe. »

Read the first few of the series nad I liked it, but like many of Patterson's books they aren't great. Nothing against Patterson, Alex Cross is easily one of my favorite series. It's just that his writing style is more focused on entertaining than being great.
MatthewAlexander
Currently Reading: It's Kind of a Funny Story
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-matthewalexander.html
Latest Review: "Jump" by Michel Sauret

Post by MatthewAlexander »

I read the first few books when I was a lot younger and thought they were alright, but after awhile the plot and characters stopped interesting me. Now that I'm older I truthfully don't like his writing at all. It's not that it's terrible, but it's bland. It's not interesting. That's just my opinion though.
Latest Review: "Jump" by Michel Sauret
Jam01
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Jam01 »

Read the first 3 books in the series and loved them! Will be reading the others for sure. James Patterson is a awesome author and keeps you hooked the whole time.
Cheerful_Bubblepi_
Favorite Book: The Outsiders
Currently Reading:

Post by Cheerful_Bubblepi_ »

I only read one, and it was REALLY good. I FREAKING LOVED IT. :) :)

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”