Margaret's Ark by Daniel G. Keohane

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
mwatt
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mwatt.html

Margaret's Ark by Daniel G. Keohane

Post by mwatt »

What if God asked you to do the impossible?
What if you did absolutely everything right, but still never got the reward you were hoping for in life? Where would your faith be then?
For me, one of the strongest challenges Daniel G. Keohane brings to light in this book is whether or not we truly do what is right because it's right, or do we always have in the back of our minds the thought that surely we will get rewarded for this somehow. But what if our sacrifices in life, only lead us to opportunities to sacrifice even more? Will we still do what is right?

I love the characters developed in this story. People from so many cultures and backgrounds, each struggling with their own messed up lives. Daniel G. Keohane does a beautiful job of taking us inside their struggles to see the heart of the person.

I feel like I've been on an really emotional journey, yet I'm somewhat sad to leave it behind and move on.
Daniel G Keohane
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Daniel G Keohane »

Thanks, so much! Yea, to be honest, when I finally finished the story I felt the same way, was sad to leave them behind. I'm glad you liked the various backgrounds of the people - I figured with something of such a global impact, it didn't feel right to narrow the focus of the characters to just one. I learned a lot, myself, about so many things writing this book.

Anyway, thanks again. I'm really glad you enjoyed it! This is what keeps us writing. :)

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”