Maybe in Another Life by Taylor Jenkins Reid Review

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jenny_G
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jenny-g.html

Maybe in Another Life by Taylor Jenkins Reid Review

Post by Jenny_G »

This book was a very intriguing read. It had it's funny moments, romantic moments and thought provoking moments.
It brings up the question- do you believe in one soul mate? It runs two different, parallel story lines, happening at the same time, and goes back and forth. The book is really all about how good things can come from bad situations.
It's all about learning from the past, and not regretting your bad choices.
I read this book for a book club, and it was very interesting to discuss how everyone related to different areas of the book, and everyone's preference in the plot lines. I think everyone can get something from this book- and it might be something very different.
When something bad happens, we tend to concentrate on the bad and about how “unfair” or unfortunate it is. It’s not until we see the bigger picture, and the good that can come from that bad even that we can become grateful for the bad. I know after reading the book, I will try to make more of an effort to not see an event as “bad” but as part of the journey, that something good can come from, and try and see the bigger picture.
This really sums up the book and its lessons.
If you enjoy a good love story, but a book that almost makes you think outside the box, you will definitely enjoy this book!

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”