Da Vinci Code

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
yvettecathy
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Da Vinci Code

Post by yvettecathy »

You are so right and I won't bite not just because it hurts but the bible specks for itself. Aannyway thank you of recamending a another book sounds like a good read.
cyndiha11
Currently Reading: The Banned Book about Love
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cyndiha11.html
Latest Review: "Empty Shell" by Ashley Fontainne

Post by cyndiha11 »

I agree that this book's popularity is due to its' topic, but I also think it was well written and a relatively easy read.
“I hope you live a life you’re proud of. If you find that you are not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again.” F. Scott Fitzgerald
Latest Review: "Empty Shell" by Ashley Fontainne
SusanE
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-susane.html

Post by SusanE »

I'll be the odd ball here and say that I really liked the book and loved Angels and Demons. I read Digital Fortress and wasn't so into that one but it was still ok. But I love all the religious aspects of it and what not.
lisateb
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisateb.html
Latest Review: "Burning Secret" by Stefan Zweig

Post by lisateb »

I liked the book and enjoyed the movie. Do I think it was over rated? A bit, but I also don't think the topic was as controversial as the press tried to make it. Either way, it got a lot of people talking and a lot of people reading.
Latest Review: "Burning Secret" by Stefan Zweig
juratekas

Post by juratekas »

I do agree it is given too much publicity, ok it was well researched and nicely written, but soooo much fuss about it!..
SumaGanesh

Post by SumaGanesh »

I loved the book. It is tough to do justice to a good descriptive book in a movie. I am proud to note, The Krishna Key is a very good adaptation of this plot to the Indian context, It isnt a rip off, the authour reserached for 2 years for the book, so most details are backed by facts or theory.
lizj97
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lizj97.html

Post by lizj97 »

I liked the "Da Vinci Code". I found it to be fast paced and well written. I read it in a single sitting because I literally could not put it down. I also watched the movie but I always find the movie to be less exciting than the book version.
sabakazi
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sabakazi.html

Post by sabakazi »

I liked Da Vinci. I agree that it was over rated but most of the best sellers are. This book was well researched and written in an interesting manner. I wont say I loved it but still it is good book to read.
tomm313

Post by tomm313 »

I agree that the Da Vinci Code was definitely overrated but was still a good book but i found it took a long while to get into the main story but when it did get into the story it was a book that exercised the mind and kept the reader guessing what was going to happen next but also it was a fairly educating book to say that it was fiction there was a lot of fact within the book.
lizj97
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lizj97.html

Post by lizj97 »

I liked the DaVinci Code, both the book and the movie but the book was indeed better. I like Dan Brown in general and I find his novels gripping, intense and suspenseful. So far of the books that I have read, DaVinci Code, Angels and Demons, Inferno and Deception Point I have liked all of them. I felt compelled to read on until I got to the end and I love that about any book.
Romes123
Favorite Author: James Hadley Chase
Favorite Book: The God Father
Currently Reading: A TIME TO KILL
fav_author_id: 26124

Post by Romes123 »

Well, Dan Brown had the balls to write on that subject and as a result he became a bestseller.
Redlegs
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Lord of the Rings
Bookshelf Size: 300
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-redlegs.html

Post by Redlegs »

It seems to me that Dan Brown's The Da Vinci Code is a blatant rip-off and pale imitation of Umberto Eco's Foucault's Pendulum.
So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.

The Great Gatsby, F Scott Fitzgerald
simonmambo2015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-simonmambo2015.html

Post by simonmambo2015 »

Long and drawn out. Could have said so much more in so much less print. Became a little boring towards the end.
brandybauer

Post by brandybauer »

I thought though overrated, it did a good thing. It opened the eyes to many people who may have not given religion a chance. I enjoyed the book, but not the movie.
Melanie_Page
Favorite Book: All of them
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melanie-page.html
Latest Review: "The Serpent Beguiled Eve" by Acacia Slaton

Post by Melanie_Page »

I too found it vastly overrated but I would dispute the historical part. Brown did himself no favours by relying on the discredited Holy Blood, Holy Grail. His other experts are no better. I read a lot of religious history (the academic kind) and pretty much everything he said about the bible/ church history was fictional.
It was a good read, in that it read like an action movie, but had a lot of flaws.
Latest Review: "The Serpent Beguiled Eve" by Acacia Slaton

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”