Official Review: Snow Job by Debbie Brown

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
jellybean85
Currently Reading: It's Hard to Be a Vampire
Bookshelf Size: 416
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jellybean85.html
Latest Review: I Can See Peace by Julie Penshorn

Official Review: Snow Job by Debbie Brown

Post by jellybean85 »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Snow Job" by Debbie Brown.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Snow Job is a romantic suspense story that revolves around Sarah, a New York lawyer, who wakes up one day to find she’s been left in the Colorado wilderness. Luckily, two State Park employees, Jim and Mike come to her rescue. As they nurse her back to health, they try to figure out how Sarah ended up in Colorado and who is out to destroy her. Jim and his team work together to protect Sarah and find answers before her attacker comes back to finish the job.

The story had a good mixture of suspense and romance, it reminded me of something you’d read from one of Harlequin’s novels. I loved the relationship between Sarah and Jim because they were opposites. Sarah is a lawyer, whose main focus is work and at times she can be uptight. Meanwhile, Jim’s a tough ex-military soldier turned park ranger, who tends to have a Zen lifestyle. My favorite moments in the book are when he’s cooking healthy meals, which she isn’t accustomed to. The author did a good job of gradually having the couple fall in love instead of rushing it.

The suspense aspect of the book was great. The author created moments that left you wondering if the attackers were going to coming to get Sarah and if Jim would be able to help her. At the beginning of the novel, the pace moved a bit slow for me, but once the setting moved to New York and Sarah returned to work, that’s when the action kicked in and the answers were revealed. The revelation of Sarah’s attacker and their reason for their actions, it seemed a little far-fetched, yet I thought it was a good way to wrap up that part of the story.

As for the ending of the story, I like what happens with Jim and Sarah. Yet, there were other things that I thought were left unanswered. For instance, it was never mentioned what happened to the outcome of the case Sarah was working on or what happened to her attackers. Sarah did talk about what she think would happen, but we never knew the actual outcome. I would’ve liked to have seen some closure on that end with just a few sentences of what happened.

My final rating for the book is 3 out of 4 stars. While I enjoyed the book, I was a bit disappointed with the ending and the unanswered questions. Aside from that, it was a good story and if you’re a fan of romantic suspense novels, I recommend Snow Job.

Snow Job
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Like jellybean85's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”