Review: The Next Best Thing by Jennifer Weiner

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Tgoody53015
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =6356">The Girl On The Train</a>
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tgoody53015.html
Latest Review: "Straight Ahead, In the Dark" by S. M. Bailey

Review: The Next Best Thing by Jennifer Weiner

Post by Tgoody53015 »

This is the first and only book of Jennifer Weiner that I have read. I am a bit disappointed by the book though. First off it seemed a bit slow to me. I just want to skip a head a little to save time. It did not catch my attention right away and by the end though I liked the concept, I can't say I enjoyed the book. I love that it is a realistic, women's fiction! Some points within the story definitely mirror today's society which made it easy to connect with but this was father into the story that readers received this information. I feel like some of the story could have been cut out to speed it up. I simply just wanted MORE! There was lots of suffering, love, loss and happiness through the book. The main character is well developed which always makes it easy to connect with them.

I'm just curious if anyone else read this book and what their thoughts are! Has anyone read other books by Jennifer Weiner that they would recommend? Whether I like or dislike a book I always try other books by the author!
Latest Review: "Straight Ahead, In the Dark" by S. M. Bailey

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”