Daddy By Danielle Steel

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Lena Ducane
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lena-ducane.html

Daddy By Danielle Steel

Post by Lena Ducane »

I personally didn't like this book! Yes for the first six chapters I was hooked on to it and I stayed awake till 6 in the morning but then everything got messed up.
SPOILER ALERT!
So as far as the kids are concerned yes I like how they reacted to their mother going off to Harvard but come on her beloved husband's reaction was just downright outrageous. Like I wanted to punch him in the face for being such a cry baby. This woman got suicidal and yet you blame her for starting her life back at 39! Boo you!
The second thing that completely disgusted me was how Dear Olivi and Dear Sarah ( the lovely couple) just couldn't bury the differences and eventually go on to file a divorce I mean this is crazy. Marriage is supposed to be sacred and Sarah gets involved with a french guy. I didn't like how the writer ruined the whole love story by making both the characters fall in love with other people, how can EIGHTEEN YEARS of marriage dissolve just like that. So that was a blow and a great disappointment....
So in the end I'd say I hated this novel and wouldn't want anybody to waste their time on it. FIN.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”