Official Review: Like Raindrops on Water by Jann DiPaolo

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Burzotta_86
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-burzotta-86.html
Latest Review: "Like Raindrops on Water" by Jann DiPaolo

Official Review: Like Raindrops on Water by Jann DiPaolo

Post by Burzotta_86 »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Like Raindrops on Water" by Jann DiPaolo.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Like Raindrops on Water by Jann DiPaolo takes place in a restorative futuristic version of our very earth that would be any environmentalist's dream. Join Molly and Jonathan as they embark on a risky adventure deep into the depths of the mighty Amazon to discover its secrets hidden within.

The earth as we know it, a world that once “had been set on destruction”, is now just a distant memory of the past. There was a change in the hearts of humanity, a “quiet change in the energy shifts in the world” that “spread like raindrops on water that ripple out gently”, and brought about a new way of living life that benefited mankind on a global scale. Molly, a youthful spirited 105 year old woman with an undying taste for adventure, shares the tales of times of “old” with Jonathan, her good friend who is intently curious about what the past was like, revealing just how much life for humans has ultimately improved for the better, at last. But when Molly discovers that her dear pioneer friend, Linorio, has vanished, will she and Jonathan dare to venture deep into the mystical jungles of the vast Amazon to fearlessly find the answers they are seeking?

Author Jann DiPaolo's first hand experience living in the deep Peruvian Amazon jungle greatly shines through in the vivid imagery she portrays throughout the book, which makes the reader feel as if they were right there trekking through the Amazon themselves, right alongside the main characters fending off mythical jungle creatures and treading the murky waters. Prepare yourself to be taken on a riveting quest and delve into a unique vision of future earth so incredible it will leave you longing for the global change depicted in the book to become a reality here and now.

The revolutionary, innovative and cutting edge technological advances that planet earth underwent in this book are described in such depth by the skilled author that it can practically be seen in one's mind's eye. The detailed concepts of planetary change within it are genius; global advancements that I can only dream of coming true in my day. That coupled with the steady use of strongly descriptive phrases and an uplifting tone consistently felt throughout renders this a compelling story of love, life, hope, and the “darkness and light” within us all, that I would highly recommend.

This book would be especially suited for those who are environmentally aware and yearn for positive global impact that would benefit future generations to come. It is a well written, vivid visionaries tale and epic journey. I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars.

Like Raindrops on Water
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Burzotta_86's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "Like Raindrops on Water" by Jann DiPaolo
Cee-Jay Aurinko
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Favorite Book: The Dark Tower 1 - The Gunslinger
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cee-jay-aurinko.html
Latest Review: "Higgins Hotel" by Carla Coffman
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by Cee-Jay Aurinko »

It is quite clear that you absolutely enjoyed this book, Burzotta. I wouldn't mind using this book to enter the Amazon and read about all the cool technologies.
"Might as well drink the ocean with a spoon as argue with a lover." -- The Dark Tower 2, Stephen King
chytach18-
Favorite Author: John Fowles
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 3">Strange Case of Dr Jekill and Mr Hyde</a>
Currently Reading: Dark Corners
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chytach18.html
Latest Review: "Smiling Exercises, and Other Stories" by Dan Malakin
fav_author_id: 2947

Post by chytach18- »

Wonderful review, Burzotta. The book also looks appealing. I like the cover - it reminds me Monet's paintings.
Latest Review: "Smiling Exercises, and Other Stories" by Dan Malakin
Cee-Jay Aurinko
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Favorite Book: The Dark Tower 1 - The Gunslinger
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cee-jay-aurinko.html
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by Cee-Jay Aurinko »

I have to agree with Chytach18. The cover is very appealing. Well, I'm not too gung ho about the black border, but other than that, very nice.
"Might as well drink the ocean with a spoon as argue with a lover." -- The Dark Tower 2, Stephen King

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”