Official Review: Really Funny Jokes by P.Brain

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
dipdrops2003
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dipdrops2003.html
Latest Review: "Samantha Smartypants Runs for Class President" by Barbara Puccia
Publishing Contest Votes: 2

Official Review: Really Funny Jokes by P.Brain

Post by dipdrops2003 »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Really Funny Jokes" by P.Brain.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

They say laughter is the best medicine. Laughter can turn someone’s current mood from gloomy to happy in as short of a time as it takes to share a joke. In the book Really Funny Jokes by P. Brian, you will find a variety of reasons to chuckle and even laugh out loud. P. Brian brings laughter to the world through various constructed jokes that some people may have already heard and some jokes that may be new to others. Either way, hearing a good joke more than once still produces a smile from people and does the job of making people laugh.

The structure of the book caught my eye as P. Brian separates the jokes into categories. The table of contents lists the categories, which is convenient for when you are in need of a particular joke. Looking for a joke about animals? You will find those jokes in section three. Looking for clean jokes to use at a family gathering? You will find those in section five. All the categories of the jokes are well labeled and easy to find.

Throughout the book, I found myself chuckling at the jokes and sometimes I had to stop reading to share the joke with another person because it made me laugh so hard. There were some jokes in the book that I had heard before, but it was nice to remember where I was when I heard it and whom I was with when it was told. Jokes are commonly used in my family to relieve stress and to get us out of the flow of the everyday routine. This book will be a hilarious addition to my family household, especially on family fun night!

While this book was simply a book filled with jokes and did not include a story line, I did still find that there were grammar and punctuation errors. This did distract me a few times from the joke because I needed to reread the joke and mentally correct the mistakes in order to understand the context of the joke. I found this to be a little disappointing.

Overall, I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. The book was entertaining, however due to the distraction of the grammar and punctuation errors I felt four stars was not appropriate. If you are looking for a “pick-me-up” book, this is it! If you are looking to freshen up some material as a comedian, Really Funny Jokes is a great book to inspire you to do so. P. Brian had a great idea to put laughter into a book and make that the sole purpose of the book. I would recommend this book to any adult looking for a good laugh.

Really Funny Jokes
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like dipdrops2003's review? Post a comment saying so!
"All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them." -Walt Disney
Latest Review: "Samantha Smartypants Runs for Class President" by Barbara Puccia
Stari
Favorite Author: Neil Gaimen
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stari.html
Latest Review: "Second Chances" by Lincoln Cole

Post by Stari »

Great review!
Latest Review: "Second Chances" by Lincoln Cole
ALynnPowers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 417
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alynnpowers.html
Latest Review: Sarah's Dream by Eileen Bird
Reading Device: B0051QVF7A
Publishing Contest Votes: 13

Post by ALynnPowers »

LOL.... P. Brain... that alone made me crack up and I didn't have to read the book!
bluemel4
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Anne Bishop
Currently Reading: The Dark Tower, Books 1-3
Bookshelf Size: 466
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluemel4.html
Latest Review: "Severed Threads" by Kaylin McFarren
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 6086

Post by bluemel4 »

Very well crafted and interesting review! Well done!
"Life is a journey, not a destination" --Ralph Waldo Emerson
Latest Review: "Severed Threads" by Kaylin McFarren

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”