The Year I met You

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
StephyJ
Currently Reading: The Mistaken Hero
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephyj.html

The Year I met You

Post by StephyJ »

This book by Cecilia Ahern intrigued me when I saw it on the kindle book site. I have read all of her novels so far. This one in particular seems a little different, with intrigue and mystery. On the commute to work I find myself reading voraciously and wanting to read chapter after chapter. It is annoying when the bus is at my stop as I want to have enough time to read another section. However it is soon home time and this allows for more reading.
Sarah_Khan
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 3700">Gone With the Wind</a>
Currently Reading: Circe
Bookshelf Size: 336
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-khan.html
Latest Review: The Formidable King by Alyssa J. Montgomery

Post by Sarah_Khan »

I just finished reading this book and I have to say it was good but definitely not her best. I have read all her other books and personally I miss the magic that she had in her older books.
Although I enjoyed reading this book and it was very well written and emotional, there were some problems with the plot that confused me. Like how Jasmine says she's named first but Heather is older than her and who exactly gave her the sign for her garden.
Personally after reading this book and The Marble Collector, it kind of seems like Cecelia Ahern is losing her special touch.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”