Official Review: Who do you think you are today

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
hannahbm13
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 920">Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone</a>
Currently Reading: Doctor Who: Winner Takes All
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hannahbm13.html
Latest Review: "The Last City of America" by Matthew Tysz

Official Review: Who do you think you are today

Post by hannahbm13 »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Who do you think you are today" by Curtis Florence.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Who do you think you are today by Curtis Florence is a charming children's book following little Cameron as she explores all the possibilities life has to offer. By the end, readers also get to see how rewarding it can be.

When I first read the title of this book, I was expecting a self-help book, or at least an inspirational read of some sort. When I opened a two-page children's book, my expectations dropped dramatically. However, I found at the end that I actually was inspired. I even read this book to all of my friends. This truly is an endearing read for adults and children alike, and it certainly sticks with you. No matter what a person is going through, who do you think you are today shows that "it's always a new day and there's always a new way."

At the beginning of the story, readers see Cameron as a little girl looking for something to do on her day off from school. Her daddy gives her some advice which she takes to heart. As the story progresses, readers get a glimpse of who she really is-how creative and understanding she can be. When the opportunity to work on an important project for school is presented, Cameron realizes that the advice she received is not only fun, but also very useful. She even offers some advice of her own at the end.

While Who do you think you are today is a wonderful story full of creativity and inspiration, it lacked much. The actual set-up of the book seemed more like a document than anything else, but that may be an issue that the author already plans on fixing. I certainly hope it is, anyway. Even for a simple children's book, the grammar was of extremely poor quality, and requires some changes. On top of that, there are no illustrations to add any sort of spunk to the story. I think those additions would make the story much better. Because of the reasons above, this story has earned a 2 out of 4 star rating.

While this book may not feel finished because of the editing and formatting issues, it certainly contains a lovely message. Who do you think you are today asks exactly that from its audience. Overall, this story is very cute, but very unprofessional. However, if content is the most important thing to a reader, as it should be, then this is definitely worth the read.

Who do you think you are today
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | Hassle-Free Sample

Like hannahbm13's review? Post a comment saying so!
Curtis
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Curtis »

Thank you for the review. I really appreciate your critique and feedback. Some of the grammar was intentional to appeal to younger viewers but i'm sure there were some more errors that may have been overlooked. I will go back and grammatically reformat the story and make it flow better.
Thanks again.
hannahbm13
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 920">Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone</a>
Currently Reading: Doctor Who: Winner Takes All
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hannahbm13.html

Post by hannahbm13 »

Of course! I really did enjoy the story :) I hope to see more from you in the future! @cflore1
Curtis
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Curtis »

Hello hannahbm13, I have done some updates to the story and wonder if you might take another look at it? I can send you another updated copy if you're willing. You're free to refuse of course. I only ask since you are familiar with the story

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”