Official Review: Re-Union by R V Biggs

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Erica28767
Currently Reading: Undercover Vixen: The billionaire's Mistress
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-erica28767.html
Latest Review: "I'll Run to You" by Nikki Vale
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Official Review: Re-Union by R V Biggs

Post by Erica28767 »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Re-Union" by R V Biggs.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The book Re-Union by R V Biggs is the follow up novel to Awakening. In Awakening, Sarah Macintyre was involved in an accident that leaves her in a coma for a week. This traumatic event caused an awakening of something special within her.

Re-Union picks up a week after she returns home from the hospital. Sarah has a few unusual experiences that leave her wondering what happened to her. These events cause her to question her own wellbeing and the possibility that she may still be in a coma. She soon receives a cryptic letter that makes her realize that none of the previous events are coincidence. The book spends some time discussing the letter and what actions need to be taken in order to find the sender as well as more information in regards to Sarah’s new found ability.

There is a constant back and forth of soul searching and sorting out her life. She continues to refer to things as before and after the accident as everything has seemed to change. Sarah wonders if her family can return to life before the accident. Will she return to her normal day to day routine as if nothing happened or will she continue down the path of discovering her new found special abilities? Re-Union is filled with love, tragedy, and some very unusual events that leave you scratching your head.

The journey you go on with the characters is unusual. There are moments when the author harps on the topic too long and it becomes boring. There are other moments when you can’t put the book down as you want to know what will happen next. If you enjoy supernatural books with both love and death, this book could be for you. The book is split into three sections, Birth, Growth and Re-Union. Although the first section, Birth, is necessary to build the story; I will say the last two sections, Growth and Re-Union were much more exciting to read. The author definitely tests the norm of society with some of the relationships and abilities that are brought forth in Re-Union.

Re-Union by R V Biggs is an enjoyable book that leaves you wondering if you yourself have a special ability that has yet to be awakened. It uses Sarah’s daughter to make you realize that some situations are easier to make sense out of from the point of view of a child. I give this book 3 out of 4 stars as there are some areas that could have been more concise and there were more grammatical errors than I could count.

Re-Union
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | Hassle-Free Sample

Like Erica28767's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "I'll Run to You" by Nikki Vale

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”