Alice Sebold: The Almost Moon

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
winnie09
Bookshelf Size: 0

Alice Sebold: The Almost Moon

Post by winnie09 »

I read The Lovely Bones and looooved it. I wanted to read her sophomore novel for some time, but the reviews online aren't that great. Anyone read it?
lindsay730

Post by lindsay730 »

I just bought this book. I'll let you know what I think of it after I've finished it.
Comeflyaway

Post by Comeflyaway »

I'm so glad you posted this. I've been looking for an Alice Sebold book, Lucky, based on a recommendation for a while, but I was spelling her last name wrong and thought that my library didn't have any of her books at all. So, thanks for setting me straight!

I read The Lovely Bones and liked it, too, but I haven't heard of The Almost Moon. It's added to my list, though. :)
darioalvarez33

Post by darioalvarez33 »

I can't believe I actually read the whole book. It was such an easy read and I thought it would get better on the next page. It didn't. It was depressing and stressful and the heroine was stupid and unexciting.
Amelia

Post by Amelia »

The Almost Moon is definitly not as good as The Lovely Bones.
I don't think the main character was stupid, but after the initial act she was very slow to respond, which was frustrating. It was like she used up all of her dramatic gestures in one deed, and just got swept along for the rest.
I would have liked to hear a lot more about her parents, because I found them both very interesting.
There are many books I would read before this one, in hindsight.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”