Official Review: The Bennett Women by Roberta R. Carr

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
NadineTimes10
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 3844">John Nielson Had a Daughter</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nadinetimes10.html
Latest Review: Joletta’s Dreams by Karen Craker Forester

Re: Official Review: The Bennett Women by Roberta R. Carr

Post by NadineTimes10 »

anneloretrujillo wrote:Thank you for such a thoughtful review! I think that the pacing is important in books. If it doesn't match reality, it's kind of hard to believe as you said. I still think the book sounds pretty good.
You're welcome! And I'm glad it sounds good, because it is. :D
AbbyC
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abbyc.html
Latest Review: "Truth and Love; Enchanting Echoes; Elohim's Decree-The Dimension of the Soul; Fount of freedom; Angel of My Life" by Grace Ruto

Post by AbbyC »

Great review! It really gave me a good feel for what the book was about as well as it's strengths and weaknesses, without spoiling anything.
Congrats to the author on BOTD!
Latest Review: "Truth and Love; Enchanting Echoes; Elohim's Decree-The Dimension of the Soul; Fount of freedom; Angel of My Life" by Grace Ruto
NadineTimes10
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 3844">John Nielson Had a Daughter</a>
Currently Reading:

Post by NadineTimes10 »

AbbyC wrote:Great review! It really gave me a good feel for what the book was about as well as it's strengths and weaknesses, without spoiling anything.
Thank you kindly!
truebookaddict
Favorite Book: The Historian
Currently Reading: Children of the Dark
Bookshelf Size: 3838
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-truebookaddict.html
Reading Device: B00TSUGXKE

Post by truebookaddict »

Great review! I didn't realize it includes a Christmas theme. I may have to reconsider purchasing it. I love these types of books during the holidays.
“Even if she be not harmed, her heart may fail her in so much and so many horrors; and hereafter she may suffer--both in waking, from her nerves, and in sleep, from her dreams.”
― Bram Stoker, Dracula
NadineTimes10
Currently Reading:

Post by NadineTimes10 »

truebookaddict wrote:Great review! I didn't realize it includes a Christmas theme. I may have to reconsider purchasing it. I love these types of books during the holidays.
Me, too! Even though it's not technically a Christmas book, I selected it as one of my Christmas Book Picks on my blog last year, since it's more than appropriate for the holiday season.
chocomeiske
Favorite Author: Ben Galley
Currently Reading: The Prey
Bookshelf Size: 4152
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chocomeiske.html
Latest Review: "The Last Bucelarii (Book 1): Blade of the Destroyer" by Andy Peloquin
fav_author_id: 11401

Post by chocomeiske »

Great review. I don't often read women's fiction but I like the general themes of life and love and an emotional connection. Sounds like a good summer read.
Latest Review: "The Last Bucelarii (Book 1): Blade of the Destroyer" by Andy Peloquin
signed
Bookshelf Size: 41

Post by signed »

Thanks for the review!
Esies98
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-esies98.html

Post by Esies98 »

Thanks you Roberta, The Bennetts seem to be like a very interesting family, and this 3 women remind me a little of other 3 in my life, so I can feel quite related to the story. Thank you, Simon
Strangerthanfiction
Currently Reading: Night Seeker
Bookshelf Size: 304
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-strangerthanfiction.html

Post by Strangerthanfiction »

Thank you for the great review. I like how you gave us so much information both pro and con. Sounds like a great read.
“You know you’ve read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend.” – Paul Sweeney
lydialeigh
Favorite Author: Danielle Steele
Currently Reading: The Dolan Girls
Bookshelf Size: 28
fav_author_id: 3181

Post by lydialeigh »

Intriguing and well-written review that perked my interest in the book. Looking forward to curling up with this read and disappear for awhile in the world of the Bennett Women
NadineTimes10
Currently Reading:

Post by NadineTimes10 »

chocomeiske wrote:Great review. I don't often read women's fiction but I like the general themes of life and love and an emotional connection. Sounds like a good summer read.
:) Yes, sometimes I read outside of my normal genres if a book has a general/universal theme or two I'm interested in. I'll admit it hasn't happened over-often, but I've been trying to branch out a little more this year. :D

-- Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:11 am --
lydialeigh wrote:Intriguing and well-written review that perked my interest in the book. Looking forward to curling up with this read and disappear for awhile in the world of the Bennett Women
That sounds great!!
crazilydramatic
Currently Reading: McDowell
Bookshelf Size: 104

Post by crazilydramatic »

Great review! Seeing that it's Christmas themed, I will tuck it away until then to read.
NadineTimes10
Currently Reading:

Post by NadineTimes10 »

crazilydramatic wrote:Great review! Seeing that it's Christmas themed, I will tuck it away until then to read.
...to read it while you're roasting chestnuts on an open fire... :lol2:
Janetleighgreen
Favorite Author: Janet Leigh Green
Currently Reading: Before She Disappeared
Bookshelf Size: 204
fav_author_id: 42198

Post by Janetleighgreen »

Nice review! I've added this book to my 'want to read' shelf! It was a well rounded review. I like the way you brought back positives even while discussing weaknesses in the book. Very honest and insightful. Thank you for a great review.
greenstripedgiraffe
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The New Strong-Willed Child
Bookshelf Size: 274
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-greenstripedgiraffe.html
Latest Review: Swarm by Guy Morris

Post by greenstripedgiraffe »

this sounds like a very sweet story, a conversation about some of life's messiest troubles. Good job!!
"no one down here" --- Up the Down Staircase
Latest Review: Swarm by Guy Morris

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”