Official Review: The Bennett Women by Roberta R. Carr

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
NadineTimes10
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 3844">John Nielson Had a Daughter</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nadinetimes10.html
Latest Review: Joletta’s Dreams by Karen Craker Forester

Re: Official Review: The Bennett Women by Roberta R. Carr

Post by NadineTimes10 »

Janetleighgreen wrote:Nice review! I've added this book to my 'want to read' shelf! It was a well rounded review. I like the way you brought back positives even while discussing weaknesses in the book. Very honest and insightful. Thank you for a great review.
Aw, thank you and you're welcome. :D I'm glad you've added the book to your shelf!
jungkookblog
Currently Reading: Unspeakable Acts
Bookshelf Size: 217
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jungkookblog.html

Post by jungkookblog »

Thank you for the review! Sounds like a book that many people would enjoy.
pharmnut3848
Favorite Author: Laurell K. Hamilton
Currently Reading: Miami Iced
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE
fav_author_id: 3139

Post by pharmnut3848 »

Great review Nadine! You gave me a very insightful look into the book. I'm definitely going to purchase this book! Thanks again Nadine!
NadineTimes10
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 3844">John Nielson Had a Daughter</a>
Currently Reading:

Post by NadineTimes10 »

pharmnut3848 wrote:Great review Nadine! You gave me a very insightful look into the book. I'm definitely going to purchase this book! Thanks again Nadine!
Oh, my pleasure. Happy to hear you're going to get a copy!
purplepeepleeater
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-purplepeepleeater.html

Post by purplepeepleeater »

Great review, thank you!!
MandalynnJDG
Currently Reading: Spirituality for REAL
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mandalynnjdg.html
Latest Review: White Night by J.J. Holt

Post by MandalynnJDG »

Thank you for the review! I love reading about multi-generations to see the differences in each person. In my family, we currently have five generations on my mother's side, so it is interesting to have all of us together at once!
NadineTimes10
Currently Reading:

Post by NadineTimes10 »

MandalynnJDG wrote:Thank you for the review! I love reading about multi-generations to see the differences in each person. In my family, we currently have five generations on my mother's side, so it is interesting to have all of us together at once!
FIVE generations. Wow. That's truly awesome!
Jenbug41
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Jenbug41 »

Great review of the book. You defiantly lured me in wanting to know more. I like how it goes from one place to the other but never really gets off course. Thats hard to do when writting. I also love that there is a love story in the writting that may or maynot transpire. Either way im excited to see what happens.
Gravy
Gravymaster of Bookshelves
Favorite Author: Seanan McGuire
Favorite Book: As many as there are stars in the sky
Currently Reading: The Ghost Tree
Bookshelf Size: 1027
fav_author_id: 3249

Post by Gravy »

Not usually my type of book but it sounds promising.
Pronouns: She/Her

What is grief, if not love persevering?

Grief is just love with no place to go.
Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 559
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: GPS para el cielo by Jose Rafael Nunez Patino
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Great, thorough review! I like how the author focused on the three women of different generations and their experiences. It definitely sounds like an interesting premise!
Heidi
Official Reviewer Representative

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
NadineTimes10
Currently Reading:

Post by NadineTimes10 »

Jenbug41 wrote:Great review of the book. You defiantly lured me in wanting to know more. I like how it goes from one place to the other but never really gets off course. Thats hard to do when writting. I also love that there is a love story in the writting that may or maynot transpire. Either way im excited to see what happens.
Excellent! Though I'm a fan of romance novels, I also like love stories included in books that aren't romance novels. In the romance genre, you pretty much always know how it's going to end, but with a love story outside of that genre, you never know. :mrgreen:

-- Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:44 pm --
hsimone wrote:Great, thorough review! I like how the author focused on the three women of different generations and their experiences. It definitely sounds like an interesting premise!
The author certainly used her time wisely. It's not exactly easy to have three separate but intertwined storylines in one novel of this length without one or two of the storylines feeling incomplete or underdeveloped, but each Bennett woman's storyline here is complete.
melni
Favorite Book: Swept Away
Currently Reading: Higher Is Waiting
Bookshelf Size: 1275

Post by melni »

Thank you for an absolutely wonderful review! Your analysis of the intermingled relationships and their dynamics, the human nature's resistance to change, but the soul's seeking redemption through love, forgiveness and warmth shows the real story of life for us all. The author's generational tale relates to us striving to be better than the past and hopes for the future. Thanks for an insightful look into this work! It sounds like a must read to me!
NadineTimes10
Currently Reading:

Post by NadineTimes10 »

melni wrote:Thank you for an absolutely wonderful review! Your analysis of the intermingled relationships and their dynamics, the human nature's resistance to change, but the soul's seeking redemption through love, forgiveness and warmth shows the real story of life for us all. The author's generational tale relates to us striving to be better than the past and hopes for the future. Thanks for an insightful look into this work! It sounds like a must read to me!
Oh, you're welcome! I'm absolutely waiting on the sequel. :D

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”