Political Science Related Books - Need Help!

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
NovusOrdoMundi
Bookshelf Size: 0

Political Science Related Books - Need Help!

Post by NovusOrdoMundi »

I plan on attending the University of Houston sometime in the next two years. I will be majoring in Political Science.

I know politics, but I want to be well read going in to my program. I specifically am interested in different areas of behavior and how it relates to politics, such as political behavior, political psychology, ideology studies, and political philosophy.

In addition to this, I am interested in learning propaganda and psychological warfare, and how they tie in to the above areas.

I'm sure you can now tell what I want to be when I grow up. :wink:

So what I'm looking for are good books and/or authors on these subjects. I desperately need suggestions, so if you know of any good ones, please please please recommend them!

Thank you for your assistance!
Jason44

Post by Jason44 »

While I do not know any books in a year I will be beginning my major in International Relations so I am also very interested in this kind of stuff. If anyone knows any decent books please share Image would be very useful!
Apples

Post by Apples »

I have a BA in Political Science. A few books that I have read that touch on those areas are Seeking Security in an Insecure World by Dan Caldwell and Robert Williams, Explaining Foreign Policy by Steve Yetiv, Essentials of International Relations by Karen Mingst, and International Politics by Robert Art and Robert Jervis. The International Politics book is full of essays by various political scientists so if you are interested in what they are saying then you can look up more of their works. Hope this helps and good luck with that major.
katielgorton3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katielgorton3.html

Post by katielgorton3 »

I recommend anything by Chris Hedges. He has such an interesting view on "pop culture", and everything anthropology. He's an amazing author with a powerful voice.
WhynottBlog
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-whynottblog.html

Post by WhynottBlog »

You're going to read plenty of books in school about political theories and such. I'd recommend going with bios. They'll provide back story to the figures you'll be studying :)

Also, books on current events will help you have more context in discussions. The Secretary (all about Hilary Clinton as secretary of state) is a great read!

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”