Son of Shadows by Juliet Mariller

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ksls2011
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ">Daughter of the Forest</a>
Currently Reading: Nightlord Orb
Bookshelf Size: 293
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ksls2011.html
Latest Review: Praesidium by McKinley Aspen

Son of Shadows by Juliet Mariller

Post by ksls2011 »

This is book 2 of 6 in her Sevenwaters Trilogy. This book, to me, surpassed the first one. (I even named my daughter after the main character in this book)

This book follows Sorcha's daughter Liadan. Liadan is very gifted. She is a very talented healer, like her mother and has the ability to speak mind to mind with her twin brother Sean. She also finds out that she has the gift of sight. Her trials start when she is kidnapped by some members of The Painted Man's gang to help heal one of their friends, without the leaders knowledge or approval.
The Painted Man is an adversary of the man that wants to marry Liadan - Eamonn of the Marshes. Liadan's brother Sean is to inherit Sevenwaters, and is betrothed to Eamonn's sister. This crazy string of attachements proves difficult for Liadan when she makes the choices she does about her life and her future. Her decisions affect everyone in the household.
Liadan ultimately falls in love with Bran, The Painted Man. Her trials throughout the book show how strong and determined a woman can be when it comes to family and love.
It is a book I would highly recommend.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”