Official Review: Twisted peace, Cain by dennis beggs

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
dhomespot
Currently Reading: Blind Black Sheep
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dhomespot.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Official Review: Twisted peace, Cain by dennis beggs

Post by dhomespot »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Twisted peace, Cain" by dennis beggs.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Cain: Darker Days are yet to Come by Dennis Beggs was a very interesting spin on the paranormal that we usually see on the market. It was an imaginative spin to speculations on what happened to Cain and the mythology of how vampires came to be.

Even though Cain is looked upon as a not-so-nice guy, you can’t help but feel sorry for him when he wakes up in the cave and realizes that his life is forever changed and that there are certain aspects of his new life that he will have to come to terms with. He feels like he has been duped and struggles to face the fact that daylight is now out of the question for him.

His first inkling of the major change in his life comes when he is attacked in his cave. There he learns that only blood will calm the hunger he now feels. He also learns quickly that he cannot kill himself to escape this new reality. Self inflicted wounds heal too quickly to cause damage and skin burned by the sun eventually heals up also.

While stalking through the forest, he knows that he is being followed, but is unable to see them. He becomes distracted by people he notices in a nearby village. Hunger overcomes his misgivings and he struggles to maintain his humanity. Every kill causes him distress, but his new animalistic urges cannot not always be tamed.

There are some questions that will get answered for Cain, but these answers seem to only lead to more questions. We get to see Cain struggle to remain true to himself and strike a balance for survival. Just when he thinks he has it conquered, the presence shows himself and offers to “help” Cain. The help that he receives may not be exactly the kind of help he is looking for.

I give this book 4 out of 4 stars because I just love the twist at the end. There is no happily ever after in this book like so many others strive to make happen. It was very entertaining to read and makes the reader want to come back for more. You could say that this story encourages the reader to really look at what an opportunity can cost you in the long run and if you can live with the consequences of those decisions. I would like to read this whole series at one time.

Twisted peace, Cain
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like dhomespot's review? Post a comment saying so!
"Maybe ever’body in the whole damn world is scared of each other."- John Steinbeck
zeldas_lullaby
Favorite Author: ---------
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =3452">The Thorn Birds</a>
Currently Reading: The Last Stonestepper
Bookshelf Size: 79
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of Forever Twelve

Post by zeldas_lullaby »

Weirdness. Great review!
dhomespot
Currently Reading: Blind Black Sheep
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dhomespot.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by dhomespot »

I would be happy to.
"Maybe ever’body in the whole damn world is scared of each other."- John Steinbeck
dennisbeggs
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by dennisbeggs »

Thank you for the great review I appreciate it very much. You should try the first book also. You missed why he awoke in the cave. But again thank you I am glad you enjoyed it. Dennis beggs
zeldas_lullaby
Favorite Author: ---------
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =3452">The Thorn Birds</a>
Currently Reading: The Last Stonestepper
Bookshelf Size: 79
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of Forever Twelve

Post by zeldas_lullaby »

dhomespot wrote:I would be happy to.
Oh, I see. You actually responded to my signature line. Thanks!!

And congrats to Mr. Beggs on a fine review! :-)
dennisbeggs
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by dennisbeggs »

Thank you
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Nice review! I am glad you enjoyed the book.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Tanaya
Favorite Author: George Orwell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tanaya.html
Latest Review: Beans...Finding My Way Home by Debi Brown
fav_author_id: 1746

Post by Tanaya »

Ooh I am definitely intrigued. The premise sounds so dark and gripping. Congrats to the author, and great review!

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”