My Sisters Keeper by Jodi Picoult

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Butterbescotch
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: My Sister's Keeper

Post by Butterbescotch »

Kezz22 wrote:This is a beautiful, confronting and sad book yet at the same time it is positive. Jodie Picoult writes books with very confronting issues. This book really makes you think, and wonder how you would act in this situation, it lets you stand in someone else's shoes. i haven't read any of her other books because they are so confronting and emotive, but I am glad I read this one! It certainly make one think.
Yes it is! :lol: :lol:
So what do you think, Is Anna's decision acceptable or not?
Kezz22

Post by Kezz22 »

That is a hard question. I think yes she is justified to take action to be free or at least to be able to make her own choices freely.
Buttons

Post by Buttons »

Hi! I have also read this book and was NOT able to put it down..The movie was good but the book was so much better. This book is a must read for all. :) If you have not read this book please do so you wont regret it... And YES, I do feel Anna's decision was acceptable and in her BEST interest as well, enough was enough for all that she went thru helping her sister. Anna needed a life as well which she deserved.
ToniLynnLupton
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tonilynnlupton.html

Post by ToniLynnLupton »

I really enjoyed the movie. Very sad but a great story of a families love for a sick child.
heather ahern
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heather-ahern.html

Post by heather ahern »

"My Sister's Keeper" by Jodi Picoult is one of the most heart wrenching books the well known author has written. Known for her plots twists and turns and surprise endings, this book doesn't disappoint. How does Ms. Picoult think of these ideas for her books? Turning the pages to feel the sadness and turmoil that this family feels as it is torn apart by a medical need which places one child's health at risk to save another is every parent's worst nightmare. But in this book, you are rooting for everyone even as you cry for the heartbreak this family feels.
blue6991

Post by blue6991 »

One of the most heartwarming books of our time. You smile and cry during the whole book. So much love in such a small child. Simply amazing.
jlrossetti
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jlrossetti.html

Post by jlrossetti »

What an outstanding book. It redefines the way people think of children. No one could ever think of such convoluted thoughts going through a young child's mind, but its true. This book gave the side of a life that no one would have ever thought of. It brought both smiles and tears in every chapter. Amazing book.
HannahChicago

Post by HannahChicago »

I have never read the book, but I enjoyed the movie. Watching the movie pulled you in so many different directions, and was very bittersweet.
JustAReader
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-justareader.html

Post by JustAReader »

My Sisters Keeper was a pleasure to read. The plot twist really surprised me, but it was so beautiful and amazing. It was sad, but it was nice. I loved how two different stories combined in one in the book. A truly remarkable book.
jordantyler91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jordantyler91.html

Post by jordantyler91 »

Jodi Picoult always surprises me. I like to be surprised by books. If I can easily guess the plot progression, I've probably read the exact same book by a different author before. "My Sisters Keeper" is the first book that I read by her. I wasn't sure how I felt about it until the ending when I realized that Picoult was not going to let me off easily. And she never does! "The Pact" and "19 Minutes" are also skillfully written and I would recommend them to you if you enjoyed "My Sisters Keeper". I am also a huge fan of authors that can pull off multiple perspectives well and consistently. For me, that provides depth to the story that is often times missing in a one person p.o.v. story.
emilyxwebster1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emilyxwebster1.html

Post by emilyxwebster1 »

I've watched the film, but have yet to read the book. It's on my 'To Read List' and hopefully I'll have read it in the next month or so.
Tianarenee3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tianarenee3.html

Post by Tianarenee3 »

i still cry everytime i see the movie, so i refuse to read the book knowing ill be that much more susceptible to its emotion.:'(
Arladominguez

Post by Arladominguez »

Picult by far my favorite author ! My sister keeper is such a heartwarming story . The bond between the sister and the strength to fight for the sister wish to dye on her own terms and not as her mother wish ! The movie was a huge disappointment

-- 23 May 2014, 23:53 --

Read the book it's a totally different ending
stoppoppingtheP
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Adriana Trigiani
Favorite Book: The Hand of Fatima
Currently Reading: High Low In-Between
Bookshelf Size: 162
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stoppoppingthep.html
Latest Review: If I Only Knew by Kim Simmons
fav_author_id: 8071

Post by stoppoppingtheP »

I have read many of Jodi Picoult's books, but I have not yet read this book. Sometimes I have to be in the right mood to read a certain book so I have not yet tried this book. I will soon though.

“there have been so many times
i have seen a man wanting to weep
but
instead
beat his heart until it was unconscious.

-masculine”

― Nayyirah Waheed
OregonGirl
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oregongirl.html

Post by OregonGirl »

My first Jodi Picoult book, I now try to read just about everything she writes, and it was amazing from start to finish. She crafts characters that are so human and relatable. I really hoped that the movie would live up to the book but the fact that they made major changes in the movie ruined it.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”