Before I Forget by Leonard Pitts Jr

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
starwood5000
Favorite Author: Nicholas Sparks
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... Motherhood Unexpected</a>
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-starwood5000.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2460

Before I Forget by Leonard Pitts Jr

Post by starwood5000 »

Before I Forget by Leonard Pitts Jr. Is more than a awesome book. It touched so many values in life. The way he used the characters told a valuable story.

At the beginning you have a clue that it's going to be rough just learning about a diagnosis of early onset Alzheimer's. The fear from Trey and the murder is a heartbreaker. The woman of iron with compassion, fear, dreams and faith.

This story had so many characters and the author was able to enrich and explain each one marvelously. Each had a role in this plot. Hard to say who the main character was.

Surprisingly at the end they all touched the son Trey. By his father's diagnosis we see him change his life in a very short time. He goes from a thief to accepting responsibility.

Has many great reviews on Amazon and 5 star ratings. The stories of a 3 generation black family all with the same name of the fathers who were mostly absent. I had not realized that the author has a regular newspaper column.
This had me in tears at times. It has rough language but still hits the heart. Would recommend it to all over 15/16 years old.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”