The Quaker Cafe

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
mmandy38
Favorite Author: Nicholas Sparks
Currently Reading: The Zookeeper's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mmandy38.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0
fav_author_id: 2460

The Quaker Cafe

Post by mmandy38 »

The Quaker Cafe by Brenda Bevan Remmes was a very interesting read. The story is about Liz Hoole, a woman who married into a Quaker family and has started her own family. She lives in a semi-segregated area of North Carolina and enjoys time with her friends and family there.

The book goes through the struggles of life- sickness, family issues, as well as death. The book has multiple cute, funny parts, as well as times you wonder what will happen next. There is a family secret that comes to light after being hidden for over 50 years that surprises just about everyone in the small town.

I thought that the novel would have more information about the Quaker lifestyle, but it actually showed very little of it. I think the book was very thought-provoking and moving in multiple ways. I would probably give the book a 3.5 out of 4 , and would recommend anyone to read it.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”