The three mulla mullgars

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Levi
Favorite Author: S. Morgenstern ha ha
Favorite Book: Crik
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Bookshelf Size: 542
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-levi.html
Latest Review: "The Six and the Gardeners of Ialana" by Katlynn Brooke
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

The three mulla mullgars

Post by Levi »

Has anyone read this book? It was recommended by Richard Adams author of Watership Down.

-- 22 Jun 2015, 12:23 --

Here is my official Goodreads review if anyone is interested:

What an absolutely delightful book, I almost want to take a star as Mr. Le Mare never wrote a sequel to this outstanding adventure. All at once a fantastical adventure, fairy tale, and yet deep and moving classic. I greatly relate to Nod the younger brother, also lovingly known as the Ummanodda Nizza-Neela eeganeares, along with at times a variety of other derogatory nicknames. He reminds me of myself in many ways which makes the story that much more captivating, and I think a lot of people could relate to him. He is young and naivé and makes a lot of mistakes of which his brothers constantly remind him in the beginning of this tale (and rightfully so as he continues to make them) However as we see later, he is also crafty and cunning and, along with some magic, begins to be a blessing to his brothers. As the story moves along we also see his great compassion and loyalty which he displays even to those who don't deserve it, all while being ridiculed for doing so and never wavering. He sees other's faults and overlooks them regardless of consequence if they have also shown him kindness. A beautiful theme highlighting qualities we could use more of these days. Great characters abound, and wonderful adventure, a must read "children's story" that I would recommend to anyone.
"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." —Ernest Hemingway
Latest Review: "The Six and the Gardeners of Ialana" by Katlynn Brooke

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”