Review: Wings of Vengeance (Death Stalkers, #1)

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
hollynewhouse
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hollynewhouse.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Review: Wings of Vengeance (Death Stalkers, #1)

Post by hollynewhouse »

Wings of Vengeance by Kylie Price "5/5 Stars for this book!"
Reviewed by Holly Newhouse

I absolutely loved, loved, loved this book! I fell in love with Lara, Rollan, and all of the death stalkers! They sounds so incredibly amazing! Where can I find one?! LOL! Now, we meet Mathias, the leader and first of the death stalkers who is able to go into the mist where souls that can't move on wander aimlessly. He has the ability to bring the soul back to life in a new shell, an immortal shell. He is the one who brought his best friend Rollan back who is 1900 years old and more recently, Lara. Lara and Rollan are deeply attracted to each other, but each is afraid to make the first move. While they figure out each other, the author takes us into her world of immortal death stalkers and spawns (called vampires by the humans). This awesome author takes the reader on one heck of a journey following rollan and lara as well as enjoying the antics of the other male and female death stalkers who hunt the spawn. The story has so many twists and turns and many you don't even see coming that will have the reader experiencing a myriad of emotions along with the characters feeling as if he or she is right there in the story with the characters themselves. Now, as for the technical stuff, I really have no complaints. the book flows at a nice pace throughout and it doesn't drag anywhere in the storyline. The language and some of the terms are in Australian English yet they are quite easy to understand in the context of the story. The character development and back stories are perfectly created and developed. This reviewer could really "see" all of the scenes, characters, dialogue, and action scenes very clearly in her mind. Furthermore, for characters who are mythical in nature, they were very realistic as was their dialogue. This reviewer could feel a range of emotions evoked by the storyline and characters. Overall, a must read to a great new series! i cannot wait to read book two! I highly recommend this book to those who love vampire stories with a bit of a twist. This book is in a class of it's own.

Kylie Price
Wings of Vengeance
Self Published- Kindle Edition
383 pp. $3.99 Kindle Edition

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”