Review: The Duggars 20 kids and counting

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
KatieDavis25
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katiedavis25.html

Review: The Duggars 20 kids and counting

Post by KatieDavis25 »

The Duggars are the large family whose life is filmed and aired on TV. I have rarely watched their TV show but find their family intriguing so when I learned they had written a book i was interested to read it. If you have not seen the show this family is very religious and their entire lives are focused on God and serving him, this means there is a lot of religious talk in their book so if this is something that you will bother you than do not read this book. However, if you are religious or if you are okay with reading a book with a lot of religious talk than I feel a lot can be gained from this book for parents. There is a lot of information about themselves; the reason they have so many children, how they live day to day, how they have gotten where they are, and their beliefs in raising their children. There is also a lot of great information and tips that parents may be able to use and benefit from such as discipline techniques, discussion of controlling your anger with your children, and information about how they managed to home school with all those kids. I am personal not religious at all but I am a parent, one who wants to home school, and I feel i gained some good insight from this book. Plus they share family recipes as well as answers to emails they have received from people.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”