Official Review: The Forty Watt Flowers by C.M. Subasic

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Terrie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Official Review: The Forty Watt Flowers by C.M. Subasic

Post by Terrie »

I just downloaded it and am looking forward to reading, especially since it should tie in well to #DaughtersDeserveBetter. Also, I love that the book involves a spunky, alternative young woman as one of the main characters. Sounds like my daughter, although we are not estranged. I love the cover also. Best of luck!
Celticlady
Currently Reading: Josephine Baker's Last Dance
Bookshelf Size: 3435
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-celticlady.html
Latest Review: Betrayal in Blue by Mark M. Bello
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by Celticlady »

It is always fun to read about strong women. I am sure that to be a woman in the 70's and 80's, trying to break into the music scene could be difficult. If you look back at the music scene back then, I think that there were more men than women who were in bands. Good review!
AbbyC
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abbyc.html
Latest Review: "Truth and Love; Enchanting Echoes; Elohim's Decree-The Dimension of the Soul; Fount of freedom; Angel of My Life" by Grace Ruto

Post by AbbyC »

Awesome review! I can't wait to read this book now! Most of my childhood was in GA and I was only about 2 hours from Athens. The places there mean a lot to me and I'm always glad to read about them! Plus, music is a very important part of my family. I'm excited to see these two things come together in one book!
Latest Review: "Truth and Love; Enchanting Echoes; Elohim's Decree-The Dimension of the Soul; Fount of freedom; Angel of My Life" by Grace Ruto
Birdlady1950
Currently Reading: Let's Meet God
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-birdlady1950.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Birdlady1950 »

This review is well done with information on the style of the author as well as the problems they detected. The author of this review was detailed in his information on the pro and con of the book.
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: The Night She Went Missing
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Post by bookowlie »

I enjoyed reading your thoughtful, balanced review. A strong female main character coupled with an interesting setting and music backdrop...sounds like a winning combination! I've added this one to my crazy long reading list.
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”