The Secret History-- other recs?

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
kitfox32
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kitfox32.html

The Secret History-- other recs?

Post by kitfox32 »

Hi!

I really love Donna Tartt's The Secret History. Does anyone have recommendations for similar books? I've read The Bellwether Revivals, Every Contact Leaves a Trace, and am currently reading The Last Enchantments. What are your favorite books set at a college with a sinister side?
Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3104

Post by Fran »

The Secret History is a superb read, I also loved The Little Friend but her most recent book The Goldfinch I liked but have some reservations about.
We fade away, but vivid in our eyes
A world is born again that never dies.
- My Home by Clive James
mgutz73
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reading Device: B002Y27P3M

Post by mgutz73 »

HI! I liked We Were Liars by e. lockhart. Not necessarily a college setting, but characters who are friends growing up and the setting is around their college years. Underlying "sinister" aspect for sure!

Twist ending that I didn't see coming...I had a handful of theories but they all were wrong.

I would recommend this if you liked The Secret History. Good read, though I prefer Donna Tartt to e. lockhart. If you haven't read The Goldfinch but enjoyed Donna Tartt's writing style, I recommend that as well.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”