Official Review: A Vagrant At The House Of Love

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: The Night She Went Missing
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Re: Official Review: A Vagrant At The House Of Love

Post by bookowlie »

I think Alice was a popular name in the U.S. many years ago. Who knows, maybe the name will become popular again. That often happens.
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost
zeldas_lullaby
Favorite Author: ---------
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =3452">The Thorn Birds</a>
Currently Reading: The Last Stonestepper
Bookshelf Size: 79
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of Forever Twelve

Post by zeldas_lullaby »

I knew a friend's mom named Alice Adams, which is the title of a book by Booth Tarkington, I think. Then my friend's brother was Samuel Adams, like the revolutionary figure and the beer.

I bet Alice will rise again. All that's needed is a best-selling vampire book, or a hit-TV baby birth, etc.
Wait. Whoa whoa whoa. Twilight did increase the popularity of the name Bella/Isobella, but there was an Alice character in there too, and it didn't catch on at all.

Never mind. Maybe Alice has seen better days.
CataclysmicKnight
Favorite Book: Ready Player One
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1693
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cataclysmicknight.html
Latest Review: Simple Man Simple Message by Mark Dobosz

Post by CataclysmicKnight »

zeldas_lullaby wrote:I knew a friend's mom named Alice Adams, which is the title of a book by Booth Tarkington, I think. Then my friend's brother was Samuel Adams, like the revolutionary figure and the beer.

I bet Alice will rise again. All that's needed is a best-selling vampire book, or a hit-TV baby birth, etc.
Wait. Whoa whoa whoa. Twilight did increase the popularity of the name Bella/Isobella, but there was an Alice character in there too, and it didn't catch on at all.

Never mind. Maybe Alice has seen better days.
Sam Adams! And good point on Bella... Maybe they need to launch a spin off with Alice (who was super awesome in the movies anyway btw) alongside a relaunch of The Brady Bunch!
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
zeldas_lullaby
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =3452">The Thorn Birds</a>

Post by zeldas_lullaby »

HA HA HA HA HA HA. I forgot all about Alice in the Brady Bunch! She doesn't do much for the name, though, since she's so matronly and stuffy. Remember her boyfriend, the butcher? His name was Sam too! (I think.)
CataclysmicKnight
Currently Reading:

zeldas_lullaby wrote:HA HA HA HA HA HA. I forgot all about Alice in the Brady Bunch! She doesn't do much for the name, though, since she's so matronly and stuffy. Remember her boyfriend, the butcher? His name was Sam too! (I think.)
Yep, Sam! And true, I wouldn't wanna name my daughter after Alice in the Brady Bunch... Alice in Wonderland is much more influential at least...
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: The Night She Went Missing
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Post by bookowlie »

CataclysmicKnight wrote:
zeldas_lullaby wrote:HA HA HA HA HA HA. I forgot all about Alice in the Brady Bunch! She doesn't do much for the name, though, since she's so matronly and stuffy. Remember her boyfriend, the butcher? His name was Sam too! (I think.)
Yep, Sam! And true, I wouldn't wanna name my daughter after Alice in the Brady Bunch... Alice in Wonderland is much more influential at least...
You both are so funny! Zeldas_lullaby, you are quite the TV trivia buff in that you remembered Alice's boyfriend was Sam the butcher!

CataclysmicKnight - Are you saying that Alice from the Brady Bunch was not influential? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost
zeldas_lullaby

Post by zeldas_lullaby »

Thank you! :happy-wavemulticolor:
CataclysmicKnight
Currently Reading:

bookowlie wrote:
CataclysmicKnight wrote:
You both are so funny! Zeldas_lullaby, you are quite the TV trivia buff in that you remembered Alice's boyfriend was Sam the butcher!

CataclysmicKnight - Are you saying that Alice from the Brady Bunch was not influential? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

LOL!!! Not at all, I remember her from nearly a decade ago after all :) just... Not who I'd want a daughter named after. :D
debo9967
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-debo9967.html
Latest Review: "Self Examination" by VK Grover

Post by debo9967 »

Good review.
Latest Review: "Self Examination" by VK Grover
CataclysmicKnight
Currently Reading:

debo9967 wrote:Good review.
Thank you! :D

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”