Abandon by Meg Cabot

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
EmmaG1997
Bookshelf Size: 3

Abandon by Meg Cabot

Post by EmmaG1997 »

I love Meg Cabot's books. I always find them witty and enjoyable. She's also one of my favorite authors. I just started reading her Princess Diaries series, and I love it, I don't know why I didn't pick this series up when I was younger. I loved this book even more because it had to do with mythology. I'm a huge mythology buff and I love reading re-tellings of the Hades and Persephone myth. I like to see the new spin that authors put on it, and I love seeing what new spins they put on it.
Meg Cabot did an excellent job with this re-telling. I wasn't sure at first, but then I found that I couldn't put the book down. I felt like I could connect with Pierce and know what she was going through. It was like I became her and saw things through her eyes. I felt scared when she felt scared. I laughed when she laughed. I just really connected with her and you know an author is good when you can connect with one of their characters.
I felt bad for John. He seemed very lonely and when Pierce ran away from him I felt like my heart was being ripped out of my chest. Although I can kind of understand why Pierce ran away from the Underworld. It's probably not a very pleasant place and she was scared and confused. John was also some strange guy she had never even met before. I would have run away too no matter how cute the man was.
Although once she starts seeing him and talking to him she starts to fall for John and you can really see their love blossom and grow. I was so happy when I found out that John wasn't some creepy stalker after Pierce. Her parents don't care much for John, but who would when you think that the man is trying to kidnap your daughter? I know I wouldn't like him to much if I thought that.
I would recommend this book to all my fellow mythology lovers and a good romance. It is YA, so I'd be ready for some teenagery drama. It is the first in the series, and as the books go on they get really interesting and they keep you on the edge of your seat. So again if you like mythology and romance then this is definitely the book for you!
LivreAmour217
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Too many to count
Favorite Book: Ditto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 294
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-livreamour217.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by LivreAmour217 »

I like Meg Cabot and Greek Mythology as well. This sounds like a very interesting book. Thanks for sharing!
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Albert Einstein
KeepingItReal
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by KeepingItReal »

If you love Greek Mythology, you'll love Abandon. Based off the Persephone and Hades Myth, teenager Pierce has moved to a new town to start over from her dark past and from an accident that has haunted her. But it feels as if she's always being watched, being watched by...him. Living a normal life tends to be hard for Piece when the Lord of the Underworld wants her to be his.

I found this book to be good. It was very interesting. It had lots of flashbacks of the past in it showing how the Lord of the Underworld and Pierce know each other and what her dark past is. The book moved a very good pace and it had me looking forward to every chapter. At times, it even had humor in it that I found enjoyable as well. I will definitely be reading the sequels.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”