Offical Review of the NightWalker Series by Jacquelyn Frank

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
SproutinPages
Bookshelf Size: 0

Offical Review of the NightWalker Series by Jacquelyn Frank

Post by SproutinPages »

Up until 2 years ago I hardly read a book a year and then I listened to a Jacquelyn Frank book. Ever since I have found a love of reading once again. Whether by Audible, Kindle or paperback I now read daily and fall asleep nightly with a book in my ear. I have read all of Jacquelyn Franks books and my favorite by far is her NightWalker Series! I have since then found many many other author's I love and have immersed myself in so many different environments. There is nothing better than to escape into another time and place. For me I love the fantasy or paranormal the things that couldn't possibly happen. Now for my review.. :D

The NightWalkers from Jacob through Adam, Jacquelyn takes you through the life of Demons. You would think of Demon in a bad way and what I like about her story is she has taken something our culture thinks of as evil and turned it on it's head. Each story adds on to the next and you continue to learn about each character throughout the entire series of books. In fact the last book mainly focuses on the main characters of the very first book. I fell in love with each of the hero's they all had such a rich background you couldn't help but root them on. With the addition of the Body Walkers and Shadow Dwellers she brought a whole other element into the story. We already had the Demons, Vampires Shapeshifters and Druids now we have Shadowdwellers, Genie's, Egyptian Pharaoh's, Wraiths and Gargoyles it was a feast for my imagination! 13 books in the series total and I can't wait to get more insight into the war that is brewing! Looking forward to seeing how she is going to mix the Egyptian's with the Demons.. I hope to see a new release soon!
I would tell anyone that loves to read fantasy to get this series. I love the romance in this series as well. However it isn't the main focus of the stories so even if you aren't into romance books it's a good read for you as well.

Jacquelyn Frank got me back into reading and showed me what I enjoy to read. I stopped reading because I wasn't enjoying what I found and didn't even know books like this were out there for adults. I read the Twilight series but to me it was a bit YA. Either way if you are looking for hours of great reading and late nights up saying one more chapter or just a sec be right there this is the series for you. Just some advice if you have children prepare movies and food ahead of time cause you won't want to put this down. One more thing the Audible version of all these is done by the same narrator XE Sands and she is GREAT. I would say to listen to this story rather than read. Lay down close your eyes and visit the land where anything is possible!
Enjoy,
SproutinPages

P.S this is my first Review I hope this was a good start. :-)
Skillian
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-skillian.html
Latest Review: "The Christ Killer" by Robert Attenborough

Post by Skillian »

The series sounds really cool. And yes a very good start. haha. Are you planning on joining the review team here? If so I just want to warn you to make sure you go through all of the guidelines and such, because one like this would be rejected since it isn't at least five paragraphs... there isn't an x out of 4 rating... etc. But it's totally fine for an informal one... I posted some short ones myself that totally wouldn't fit the guidelines. haha. Just of whatever book I had read recently... because I felt like writing a little something. haha

Anyway, thanks for writing this. I'm going to add it to my (very very long) reading list.
I love LOVE. <3
Latest Review: "The Christ Killer" by Robert Attenborough
briggs_cm2014
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briggs-cm2014.html

Post by briggs_cm2014 »

Thank you Skillian for the inputs. Such tips are very helpful. Might as well go through the guidelines again. :)

Good start, SproutinPages!
LivreAmour217
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Too many to count
Favorite Book: Ditto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 294
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-livreamour217.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by LivreAmour217 »

This is a very well-written review. I second what Skillian said, though. If you haven't officially joined the review team, go ahead and do so. You will definitely be an asset!
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Albert Einstein

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”