Review: The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Fatima Ariana
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fatima-ariana.html

Review: The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini

Post by Fatima Ariana »

The Kite Runner is a story about the friendship of Amir, the son of a wealthy Kabul merchant and Hassan, his servant. The story is told in the midst of the increasing tensions of the political and religious problems in Afghan. This book tells the story through Amir's point of view through his adult hood. It's a story of loyalty, betrayal and redemption between two friends.

This book was incredible. I did not know what to expect of it when I first received it as a birthday present. I read it in two sittings because it was just that interesting. I was actually not hooked in the beginning because I was really confused, but after I continued reading, the book definitely captured me.

I remember just being so amazed with the characters. Amir and Hassan's friendship was so beautiful and yet so heartbreaking. Hassan was definitely my favorite character, his loyalty to Hassan was unbreakable.

Apart from the story between these two characters, the book explores the struggle of living in Afghan in the middle of the political conflict and it gives a very realistic view of it. The author allows you to vividly picture the war-torn country and the suffering that goes on in the book.

This book definitely made me bawl a couple of times. This is a beautifully written book and I would recommend it to everyone.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Duplicated topic

The Kite Runner
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”