Quiet Room Charlee by Ryan Lee Klingensmith

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ambalon
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ambalon.html

Quiet Room Charlee by Ryan Lee Klingensmith

Post by ambalon »

Quiet Room Charlee, is a very inspiring novel for those of us who work in a Mental Health Facility or those who want to know what a child may go through. Charlee is a 17 year old who is being transferred into a new RTF placement and this book takes you through his point of view of what placement life is like. How the restraints feel, how the other kids act and look like, and just how it feels to have no one! Charlee will be 18 soon and knowing that he has no parents and possibly nothing to look forward to. It is amazing to see how this new facility helps him mature into an adult. Charlee overcomes many obstacles throughout this book and as a counselor myself it was inspiring to see that just once maybe things can work.

Ryan Lee Klingensmith also has worked with Residentially placed youth and this is a story from several of his experiences over the years. In reading it I could relate to what he has seen and experienced. It was one of those books I could not put down because I just needed to know what would happen to Charlee next. It was one of those books I immediately got online and looked for a sequel to because I needed to know if there was more and I am sure ou as a reader would to if you picked up this book. So if you have ever wondered what kids in placement feel like, you should check out Ryan's book!
LivreAmour217
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Too many to count
Favorite Book: Ditto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 294
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-livreamour217.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by LivreAmour217 »

This book does sound very interesting. The title actually reminded me of an autobiography entitled The Quiet Room. It is the story of Lori Schiller, a woman with schizophrenia. It, too, is a very inspiring story, as Lori is eventually put on a medication that manages her disorder and she is able to move forward in life. As a person with high-functioning autism (Asperger's Syndrome), I love these kinds of stories. It's good to know that "mental illness" doesn't have to mean the the end of the world :D

Anyway, thanks for sharing this book. I will have to check it out!
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Albert Einstein

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”