The Selection By: Kiera Cass

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
abbysyabooks
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abbysyabooks.html

The Selection By: Kiera Cass

Post by abbysyabooks »

Wow,

I was not expecting this book to be this captivating! I picked up the book, honestly, because of the beautiful cover...Once I read the header at the top, '35 Girls. 1 Crown. The competition Of A Lifetime', I thought this would be similar to the Hunger Games which I enjoyed.

When I started reading this book I just couldn't stop! I read it in less than a day and had to go buy the second book The Elite just to find out what happens next.

Something as simple as the characters names piked my interest since the beginning. America Singer, the main character, is just great. Throughout the book she tells you to be who you are, do what you like, no matter what everyone else is doing. Maxon, the prince all the girls are hoping to win, is awkward and adorable. I love how Kiera made the prince and main male lead, socially awkward and just plain imperfect. Even with the characters and their flaws being all different this story draws you in, wanting more!

If you liked The Hunger Games then you will enjoy this Young Adult Fiction book!

I hope this review made you want to read this amazing book by Kiera Cass.

-AJS-
Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3104

Post by Fran »

Duplication
We fade away, but vivid in our eyes