Alice Munro: Selected Stories

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
rath010
Currently Reading: Forgotten
Bookshelf Size: 254
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rath010.html
Latest Review: East Wind, 2nd edition by Jack Winnick

Alice Munro: Selected Stories

Post by rath010 »

This collection of short stories is absolutely beautiful and highly recommended for those who are new to reading short stories. Personally, I found a handful of the stories to be engaging and clever. However, there were many stories that just elicited confusion and seemed too far-fetched to grab onto. On the basis that they are meant to be short stories read individually, Munro does a fantastic job of developing characters and exploring unique dramatic events with a limited amount of pages. As an author of short stories, she predominantly held my attention and kept to the plot with little tangents. I was reminded of reading many American era pieces from the 1950's and would highly recommend her stories to fans of that writing style. For my own tastes, I will likely make this only a one time journey.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”