Chetan Bhagat- Half Girlfriend

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
shaech
Bookshelf Size: 0

Chetan Bhagat- Half Girlfriend

Post by shaech »

Half-Girlfriend Book review:

This book definately brings a fresh turn of surprises with a minor change in the Typical Chetan Bhagat narration style.

Unlike Bhagat's other books, this book is a blend of both romance and social responsibility. It depicts how Bhagat has tried to create awareness in Indian youth through the genre they love the most,LOVE.

Along with that,he has beautifully weaved in the differences between urban and rural classes of India showing that none is less than the other and that its high time the demarcation line should be erased.

I personally liked the motto of half-girlfriend and the measure of sacrifice of an Indian girl who follows modern culture.And how,after having enough of Indian orthodox values in a male dominated family,she gathered courage to go and live her life in her way.

And following that is the chase of Madhav for the love of his life,Riya which will win the heart of the readers.

Now its upto the people to read and find out whether the book has a happy-ending or a sad-ending.

If you are a English reader like me,you will enjoy correcting mistakes of protagonist like I enjoyed,while reading the book.
And if you are a non-english reader, it will highly boost up your confidence.

One thing I promise you is you will definately enjoy the climax which actually comes quite before the end of the book.

"Don't Quit. It will happen one day."

Enjoy reading and tell me your views.
Archie1791
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-archie1791.html

Post by Archie1791 »

I have read all the Chetan Bhagat's book but i am not sure i am gonna read this one. Some of his novels are really nice but some are not, i know he kind of introduced Indian youth to reading but i guess now the Indian youth has passed that beginner phase, so he should also keep up (upgrade) with this. I think "Two States" and "Five Point Someone" is a must read for the Indian youth in the begginers phase and Three mistakes of my life is okay but One night at call center is kind of not to upto to mark as Chetan Bhagat's level.
Anyways Good Luck to his new novel "Half Girlfriend".
Vidya_S
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vidya-s.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Vidya_S »

Like many others, what got me reading was to understand what he would mean by the term "Half Girlfriend". Unfortunately, did not do justice to anything around that.

Certainly sounded like a movie script. Some parts of this book where' Madhav' struggles to win the girl seem to be written in an interesting manner while immediately after there would be a superficial dampener. The book language and delivery are below average...and he is left no attempt in getting them worse by weaving "gross" terms. Totally written to appeal to a certain mass of people.

Not sure why "Madhav" would not use "whitepages" or a similar service to track Riya and would make painful and exerting attempts of visiting every bar in Newyork. The problem with the author's work is that he seems to name places and events as though they were real, why not use something in technology that might make the novel sound practical,, he has used google maps etc, but not something very inevitable like "Internet search" that might cut this novel off some drama. This is the first time I have read his work, not sure if I will do it again.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”