Official Review: Blueberry Truth by Ute Carbone

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Heather
Favorite Author: Diana Gabaldon
Favorite Book: Outlander series
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heather.html
Latest Review: "Differences" by Cristina Monro
fav_author_id: 2373

Official Review: Blueberry Truth by Ute Carbone

Post by Heather »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Blueberry Truth" by Ute Carbone.]
Book Cover for 2320
Share This Review

Blueberry Truth, by Ute Carbone, is a fictional story that deals with some very real issues. Beanie has a wonderful life. She’s married to a great man, who just happens to be a pediatric cardiologist, she lives in the house of her dreams, and she has a job that she loves. The one thing she doesn't have, and the thing she wants so badly, is a baby. Her husband may be a hero, but being a hero comes with a crazy schedule. And her own hands are full with the challenges that go along with her job of teaching at risk youth; children whose behavior is so unorthodox and erratic that they cannot attend a regular school, even at a very young age. But, still, a baby is what they long for and that longing adds another dimension of stress to their lives.

Beanie is about at her limit of how many seven to nine-year-old children she can handle at one time when a new girl, Blueberry Truth, is added to her class and her life changes in ways she never expected.

I loved this story. It deals with issues that are real in the world; marriage, fertility problems, children facing mental problems, children dealing with abuse, but in a way that gives hope, and shows not only the ugliness that is present in the world, but the abundant, and sometimes inexplicable, love that exists also.

This is a well-written story and the characters are great. I felt like I got to know their personalities and they were realistic. They had real emotions. They responded to problems in ways real people do. They argued. They criticized each other. They made mistakes. They came back together. They showed each other understanding.

The emotion of this story really came through. You feel for the characters while reading it. You understand them. You sympathize with them. You care about them. You rejoice with them. That is one of the things I find most memorable about this book. And even though there were some subjects dealt with that were emotionally hard to imagine, and foul language that you would never expect to come out of the mouths of children so young, overall this book left me with a great feeling.

I would definitely recommend this book to others, and I give it 4 out of 4 stars. It is well-written, with believable characters, and an enjoyable story that shows not only some of the bad in the world, but the incredible good too.

Buy "Blueberry Truth" on Amazon
Buy "Blueberry Truth" on Barnes and Noble
Ute Carbone
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ute Carbone »

Thanks for the lovely review. :)
Heather
Favorite Author: Diana Gabaldon
Favorite Book: Outlander series
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heather.html
fav_author_id: 2373

Post by Heather »

You're welcome. I really enjoyed it.
Reading lady
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reading-lady.html
Latest Review: "Cunnilingus Mastery" by John M

Post by Reading lady »

I have reviewed a book by this author and thoroughly enjoyed her writing. This book sounds very different though. A wonderful review that makes me want to go find the book. Seems like she is a very versatile writer.
Latest Review: "Cunnilingus Mastery" by John M

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”