What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
bakerax
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bakerax.html

What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty

Post by bakerax »

I just finished reading What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty. It was a great book. The way it was written drew me into the story and each page made me want to read on.

The book is based on an amnesiac, Alice, and her journey to discover what has happened in her life over the last 10 years and what kind of person she's become. It was both funny and heartfelt and Moriarty really makes you feel like you're right there with the main character, discovering new things about herself.

As a twenty-something woman, she is thrown into a thirty-something world with completely new experiences... except they're not supposed to be new - this is her every day life, after all! Moriarty makes you feel what Alice feels - see what Alice sees and think what Alice thinks.

I highly recommend the book - or any of Liane Moriarty's books, for that matter!
cyndiha11
Currently Reading: The Banned Book about Love
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cyndiha11.html
Latest Review: "Empty Shell" by Ashley Fontainne

Post by cyndiha11 »

I thought this was an interesting book as well; I think What Alice Forgot is the only one i've read by Liane Moriarty. I hope to read more of this author's books if the opportunity comes.
“I hope you live a life you’re proud of. If you find that you are not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again.” F. Scott Fitzgerald
Latest Review: "Empty Shell" by Ashley Fontainne
Hannah Marie
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hannah-marie.html

Post by Hannah Marie »

Alice from What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty is a charming, engaging character. A fall at the gym leaves her with amnesia and takes her on a pilgrimage to discover who she's become in the last ten or so years and most importantly, if that's the person she'll keep choosing to be. Told with wit and humor, this story nods to how simply our lives develop into something unrecognizable, sometimes even to ourselves.

Read this book, then maybe read it again. It is worth your time.
Kgebert10
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Kgebert10 »

I have loved all the Liane Moriarty books I have read, they do not disappoint! Loved Big Little Lies and The Husbands Secret.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”