Author Requested Review of BROKEN TRUST by K.D. Wilson

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
JanuaryGray
Favorite Author: John Sandford
Currently Reading: Beijing Bastard at author request
Bookshelf Size: 0
fav_author_id: 16800

Author Requested Review of BROKEN TRUST by K.D. Wilson

Post by JanuaryGray »

Run, don’t walk to SmashWords and purchase this book for your weekend reading! This is Kate’s true story with some Fiction added, (I’m sure just for story flow purposes), and you will read this book from cover to cover in one sitting. Kate lives with her father, step-mother and brother, and has to deal with mental, verbal, and physical abuse from her father, and some from her step-mother.

Her step-mother was both kind and vicious, depending on her mood or the situation. Or sometimes…just because. Sometimes she was a little kind to Kate, to the point Kate sometimes tried to confide in her, but mostly she was selfish and cruel.

Eventually even other family members, including her brother, shatter what little hope and trust she may have had in them.

Kate was able to get out of this horrible situation and move in with her real mother, but that situation was just as horrible, with drinking and drugs and countless numbers of people around and not up to any good.

She makes a friend at her new school, and slowly learns to trust, but there are moments and situations where even this small leap of trust takes effort for her.

This book will make you gasp at times and break your heart, but you will cheer Kate on as the story moves along.

I am a big fan of Lifetime movies on television, and I can easily see this book made into one of their movies.

I reviewed this book by request of the author in exchange for an honest review.

This book can also be purchased at Barnes & Noble.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”