Dean Koontz The Taking

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
jones4714
Bookshelf Size: 0

Dean Koontz The Taking

Post by jones4714 »

This is one of the most page turning, intense books i have ever read! Dean Koontz is a master when it comes to mind imploding novels. He starts in such a way that turns you into an addict in the first few sentences. In this story a luminescent rain takes over the earth and turns it into a foreign planet. A mysterious force is killing off people one by one and they are forced to take shelter in the local bar. Realizing that there are children out and alone in the strange new world they have been thrown into they are on a mission to save all the children with there trusty German shepherd, while battling strange new creatures and hell around every corner. Defiantly one of his best books yet.
ROBBIESMOMMY
Favorite Author: Jessica Beck
Favorite Book: A Miracle for Miriam

Post by ROBBIESMOMMY »

In my opinion, this is Dean Koontz in top form. If you want a creepy horror story which lacks substance in favor of gore and does not have you guessing what the heck is going on in the story, this book is NOT for you.

That being said, The Taking blends horror and thriller into a soupy mix of science fiction, mystery and spirituality which will leave you confused as to what exactly is going on.... Until the end of the book, when the full plot of the story is revealed and leaves you with a blown mind!
Koontz's new novel also concerns alien invasion, and a comparison of the two books offers insight into the evolution of this megaselling author's work. Invasion was mostly speed and suspense-a brilliant if superficial exercise in terror. The new novel also features abundant suspense, as a couple in an isolated California home endure a phosphorescent rain and learn that, around the world, something is attacking humans and laying waste to communications. It's only when they drive to a nearby town that they learn of a global alien invasion; the tension ratchets as a weird fog descends and the aliens not only manifest physically but animate the dead.
angelfish2067

Post by angelfish2067 »

I havent read it yet but I'm a big Dean Koontz fan
Angel_Eyes22
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Angel_Eyes22 »

I look forward to reading it, I am a huge Dean Koontz fan since I was in my 20s. ;-)

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”