Review: Sisterland by Curtis Sittenfeld

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
jovanovi
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jovanovi.html

Review: Sisterland by Curtis Sittenfeld

Post by jovanovi »

Sisterland is a story of twins who have "senses" or psychic ability. One sister (Vi) embraces this ability and uses and exploits it while the other (Kate) chooses to suppress it. The story centers around the prediction of an earthquake in St. Louis, by Vi, the city in which they live. It depicts how both sisters handle the public prediction and all that comes with it.

It's really a story about the sisters and family and is written from Kate's perspective. It goes along pretty quietly (some could say it gets a bit boring) until about three quarters of they way through when there is an unexpected twist that livens it up a bit and makes you want to see how it ends.

I like how in the narrative, Kate reveals the future in tiny bits along the way. Her revealing these bits makes the story more engaging by making you want to read further to find out how that bit came to be.

Overall, I would give it a 3 out of 5 stars.
sahmoun2778
Favorite Author: Dana Stabenow
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahmoun2778.html
Latest Review: "Consent to Unleash" by Kevin Allen
Reading Device: 1400698987
fav_author_id: 10781

Post by sahmoun2778 »

My sister read this book and rated it about the same.
Latest Review: "Consent to Unleash" by Kevin Allen

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”