Official Review: Three Little Birds by Carol E Wyer

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sally Balboa
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sally-balboa.html
Latest Review: "The Last Daughter of Lilith" by J.L. Metcalf

Official Review: Three Little Birds by Carol E Wyer

Post by Sally Balboa »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Three Little Birds" by Carol E Wyer.]
Book Cover for 2310
Share This Review

This was a touching book, it was sweetly written for anyone who wants to or needs to come out of their comfort zones. It has a little bit for any women, adventure and danger for those who like living on the edge, romance both blazing and falling for those with a romantic streak, and the touch of womanhood has overall invaded this book to its very binding, making it very hard to put down.

Three Little Birds takes place 5 years after the tragic loss of Amy, Charlie's 13-year-old daughter. Since that tragedy she and her husband have divorced, and Charlie has gained more then a few pounds, she now lives wrapped up in her own ball of never ending grief. One night on a drunken brigade with her friend Mercedes the two make carpe diem lists, and switch the lists with each other. Mercedes list is full of adrenaline filled missions that frighten Charlie. After they are informed that their hospital radio service will be shut down, they use the list's to fuel funding from the public by posting the events online. During this adventure of self-discovery Charlie finds new love, and has to face an old lover who never quite let go.

I was almost gave up on this novel within the first few pages, at first glance I thought this was going to be a self-pity novel that just retells the main characters woes and why you should love them now, but I was pleased to discover that it was not, it's full of vitality that makes you want to try new things.

There were no chapters in the version of the novel that I have (EBook), but there were more then enough cut off points while reading however. But it did take a while to get use to it.

The author has a tendency to give emotions and things away at the first glance. We don't get the chance to try and figure out a characters emotions they come out and tell them or the author tells them before they've had a full chance at blooming. It was annoying having it all handed to you.

This novel had a nice romantic streak, it seems that most girls have an idea of what there perfect man is. However, most of us don't know what that idea is until were looking directly at him, and even then we aren't sure. It was the same in this novel, which is good I like the stories where the love between two characters is built gradually and usually through hard work and hardships, it makes it more believable. Not to mention it shows the other side of love, the dangerous one that is talked about in hushed whispers, where the love is an obsession and scary when faced with it. I believe that dual sided love stories was one of my favorite things in the novel. (I'm talking about two different relationships by the way, with two different people.)

Charlie was a heroine for everyone, she had that big loving heart that makes people immediately want to be your friend, she needs confidence boosts just like everyone else, and she's willing to let herself heal. She like the cool aunt, or the older friend who will come over to your house during the early hours of the night just because you called and said you needed a hug. She was definitely my favorite character.

The novel admittedly dragged out a little in the end, I felt that it could have been wrapped up just a little bit neater at the end, and maybe more condensed. The ending was sweet though, I even sighed a little bit.

I give this book 4 out of 4 stars.

Buy "Three Little Birds" on Amazon
View hassle-free sample of "Three Little Birds"
cazz13
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by cazz13 »

This book had a great start it really pulled me into the story with excitement and danger, romance and a few tear would recomend it i give this book 4 out of 4 stars
amybo82
Favorite Author: David Sedaris
Favorite Book: cannot pick just one
Currently Reading: Calypso
Bookshelf Size: 1517
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amybo82.html
Latest Review: The Adventures of The Gorilla Billies by Mark J Stopford
Reading Device: B00TA9FD2M
Publishing Contest Votes: 17
fav_author_id: 2790

Post by amybo82 »

This sounds like a fairly interesting book. It seems like it would be for fans of Jodi Picoult or Nicholas Sparks.
A book is a dream that you hold in your hand. –Neil Gaiman
Sally Balboa
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sally-balboa.html

Post by Sally Balboa »

Yes, but not as romantic as Nicholas Sparks books.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”