Official Review: I am Ella. Buy me. by Joan Ellis

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
britt1125
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-britt1125.html
Latest Review: "I am Ella. Buy me." by Joan Ellis

Official Review: I am Ella. Buy me. by Joan Ellis

Post by britt1125 »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "I am Ella. Buy me." by Joan Ellis.]
Book Cover for 2316
Share This Review

I Am Ella-Buy Me was a great book. Joan Ellis is a great British writer. The story captures your heart and is a page turner. From Ella's past to her future, Ellis keeps you wanting to know more though the whole book.

Ella is a copywriter for a creative advertisement company. She works for Peter Richards, a man past his prime who is a sexist pervert, and is determined to make every body’s life hell while he takes credit for their ideas. Ella has been working with him for years and is fed up with the way he treats her. One of the projects she works on is Marmalade, a kitty rescue group. She gets drunk and writes a paper for the Marmalade Company and it is given to the client by another person in the office. If Peter wasn’t bad enough before he gives her the choice to leave the job or “make it up to him”. Later on he pretends to fire her and she goes without work or pay for a week.

For a while she dates a musician named Tom Tyler. They have lots of fun together and she considers letting him move in with her. She though this was going well but she finds out the hard way that he’s just using her for her loft and has been sleeping with other women when he is out on gigs. She finally gets up the nerve to break it off with him after a woman calls her place to talk to him.

She had a best friend who was also in the advertisement business his name was Adam Hart. He tried to help her find a job when she was “fired” and was always there when she needed him. He tells her to talk to Steve Winter about a job. She gives Steve a copy of her add for Pro-hair, after peter tells her that he hates it. All in all, Peter clams it as his own and she loses any chance of ever working with Steve Winter. But there is more going on with her and Adam than meets the eye.

I give this book 3 out of 4 stars. I loved the book but a few things about it just did not work for me. The chapter endings just drop off and the start of the next chapter was never where you would think it would be. Some of the lingo was hard to get, but maybe that’s because I’m American and not British, so I am not counting that in my rating. I loved the book and I am looking forward to more novels by Joan Ellis.

Buy "I am Ella. Buy me." on Amazon
Latest Review: "I am Ella. Buy me." by Joan Ellis
bacombs
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by bacombs »

This review by britt1125 has made me very interested in this book and made me believe this is a very good story.
ALynnPowers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 417
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alynnpowers.html
Latest Review: Sarah's Dream by Eileen Bird
Reading Device: B0051QVF7A
Publishing Contest Votes: 13

Post by ALynnPowers »

The title of this book is kind of hilarious. At first, I thought it would be about some kind of prostitute or something. But the cover suggests something completely different.

I wish I knew more about the good points and the negative points of the book, though.
bacombs
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by bacombs »

Not bad. :angry-screaming:

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”