Official Review: Wolf Moon: A Grazi Kelly Novel

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
PluviophileReader
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pluviophilereader.html
Latest Review: "Demiurge" by Michael Hagan

Official Review: Wolf Moon: A Grazi Kelly Novel

Post by PluviophileReader »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Wolf Moon: A Grazi Kelly Novel" by C.D. Gorri.]
Book Cover for 1998
Share This Review

Wolf Moon is the story of Maria “Grazi” Kelly, a young girl with Irish/Italian roots who thought she was a normal teenager. An orphan, Grazi has been living with her loving Nonna, her pretentious Aunt and her bully of a cousin, Julianna. Things start to go array when a local store clerk is mysteriously murdered in town. Shortly after Grazi becomes strangely unwell during gym class and begins to notice some intriguing changes in her own body. After being absent for her entire life, her Uncle Sean appears one day to inform her that she comes from a prestigious lineage of werewolves that fight off the demons and that she, even in terms of werewolves, is something exceptional. Turning her world upside down, her Uncle explains that she must begin training to get in touch with her inner wolf and so that she can learn to control her wolf.

As her training slowly starts to come together, Sebastian, her crush and the most popular boy in school starts to take an interest in her. Her two worlds, one as a werewolf and the other as a teenage girl start to collide. Just when things start to heat up between the two of them, her Uncle Sean introduces her to her new training partner, Ronan. Raised in Ireland, in the same village Grazi was born in, Ronan insists on calling her “princess”. Ronan is handsome and fierce and Grazi begins to feel a conflict in her feelings between Sebastian and Ronan, all the while her cousin Julianna is constantly trying to steal Sebastian away from her.

Between trying to solve the murders going on in town, juggling her new werewolf training, unfolding her family’s secrets, and her romantic involvements, Grazi has a lot to work through and discover.

Grazi is a quirky, down to earth, kind but feisty character and I particularly enjoyed her nerdy friend Angela. Julianna is outrageous and I don’t quite understand her hatred and cruelty for Grazi but I am hoping that then next book will reveal some more facts about her family as the ending was quite abrupt. The narration is concise and easy to follow and love story is one that any YA lover will completely gush over! With that being said, there may have been a bit too much crushing and gushing in this particular novel. I was more intrigued by Grazi's training and family history than I was by Sebastian or Ronan, so perhaps the second book in the series will expand more on that. It didn't deter me that much though as I didn’t realize how much I was enjoying the story until I had almost devoured the first half of the book in one sitting!

For a self-published book, Wolf Moon is very well edited and the author’s educational background is apparent in its structure. With an exciting plot and great editing, I see great opportunities for this book and wish it to do well. I would recommend this book to werewolf lovers, YA and paranormal lovers. I rate this book 3 out of 4.

Buy "Wolf Moon: A Grazi Kelly Novel" on Amazon
Buy "Wolf Moon: A Grazi Kelly Novel" on Barnes and Noble
The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
― Ralph Waldo Emerson
Latest Review: "Demiurge" by Michael Hagan
CDGorri
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by CDGorri »

Thank you for your review :-)

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”