The Round House by Louise Erdrich - Review

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
jovanovi
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jovanovi.html

The Round House by Louise Erdrich - Review

Post by jovanovi »

The setting is on an Indian reservation in the 1980's and is the story of Joe, 13 years old and how he tries to help his mother who has been brutally attacked. It follows Joe's quest, with his friends, to find his mother's attacker. Joe's father is a tribal judge who works the system within his control and you really start to understand the constraints of what he can do because of federal law versus tribal law.

The descriptions of the reservation and reservation life were vivid and moving. There is great humor in the elder's stories and interactions that made me laugh out loud. It's a thought provoking mystery that brings you into another world of living that you might not otherwise know about. It made me want to read more about life on a reservation and it's people.

That's a great book, leaving you wanting to learn more! I give it 4 out of 5 stars. :D
sahmoun2778
Favorite Author: Dana Stabenow
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahmoun2778.html
Latest Review: "Consent to Unleash" by Kevin Allen
Reading Device: 1400698987
fav_author_id: 10781

Post by sahmoun2778 »

Nice synopsis.
Latest Review: "Consent to Unleash" by Kevin Allen

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”