Official Review: The Realm of God by Steven Middlehurst

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Lovely_Ink
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lovely-ink.html
Latest Review: "Olympian Passion" by Andrya Bailey

Official Review: The Realm of God by Steven Middlehurst

Post by Lovely_Ink »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Realm of God" by Steven Middlehurst.]
Book Cover for 1710
Share This Review

The Realm of God is a fictional book written by Steven Middlehurst. Fans of history, science fiction, the paranormal and thrillers will all find something within these pages to keep them intrigued. At the heart of the story is Donald Stanton, an anthropologist and historian who has dedicated his life to uncovering mysteries that many others have attempted but failed to solve. All of Donald’s research and training do not prepare him for the truth that he ends up discovering.

In 1872, the crew of the Mary Celeste goes missing. No one knows what happened to the crew and family that was aboard or what could have caused their mysterious disappearance in the midst of a heavy storm that neither the crew nor captain could adequately explain. Similar storms are later seen down through the centuries accompanied by mysterious disappearances of people and vessels alike. Stanton, his father and brother have heard of these mysteries through their own research but tying the mysteries together through the confines of historical and anthropological doctrine has proved impossible.

As World War II rages, Stanton finds himself in the military, called upon to work on a secret assignment to uncover Germany’s plans for a wonder weapon and a top-secret military mission. Stanton’s assignment takes him back to his pre-war days where he encountered German soldiers deep in the jungles of Peru. More questions than answers are apparent and figuring out the connection between what he witnessed as a young man and the war effort becomes top priority.

At the end of the war the mysteries still exist. Stanton has moved on from his pursuit of the wonder weapon and power source. He has become successful in other areas and has even taken on an apprentice to transfer the knowledge and experience that he has acquired over decades of field work and research. Over time, Stanton has lost his excitement for chasing the adventures that he and his family had been unsuccessful in explaining but a series of events unexpectedly draws him back in. Stanton, his protégé Rachel, and their team set out on a journey across the globe and uncover the truth behind the mysteries that have stumped brave men for hundreds of years.

In this book, Middlehurst weaves an intriguing tale that keeps the reader on the edge of their seats with well-timed action, and enough mystery to keep us guessing. This is by no means a quick read but if you stick with it to the end, the outcome will be well worth it. Stanton and his team overcome many obstacles that have claimed the lives of those that went before them and emerge at the end victorious. Reading this book, it was difficult to tell what was real and what was make-believe; perhaps this is what makes the author so successful in the book’s delivery. There’s a little bit of every genre in this book which makes it appealing to all readers. For these reasons I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars.

Buy "The Realm of God" on Amazon
stevenm
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by stevenm »

Thank you very much for your review, I am happy that reading this story was a pleasant experience for you.
Lovely_Ink

Post by Lovely_Ink »

No problem. I'm glad I decided to read it.
sahmoun2778
Favorite Author: Dana Stabenow
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahmoun2778.html
Latest Review: "Consent to Unleash" by Kevin Allen
Reading Device: 1400698987
fav_author_id: 10781

Post by sahmoun2778 »

Sounds like a good story. Thanks for the review.
Latest Review: "Consent to Unleash" by Kevin Allen
margaridab98
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-margaridab98.html

Post by margaridab98 »

For me it sounds sooooo interesting!! I love that kind of books!
Lovely_Ink

Post by Lovely_Ink »

margaridab98 wrote:For me it sounds sooooo interesting!! I love that kind of books!
It's worth checking out.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”